The Miles lovefest officially ends

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 17, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not surprising. Dude is always negative. He is Louisiana's Finebaum.

3. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I was surprised to see his "supportive" articles during the coaching rumor phase. I suppose he supported Miles staying so that he will be able to continue writing these type of articles. Had Miles left, who knows what he would have written about?

4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

There will always be someone spewing off about Les Miles. Even when he wins games, there is always some negativity associated with the win. Personally, I was glad when the official news came that he was staying. Changing coaches at this point won't improve things, especially when you consider Miles' W/L record with LSU to date. No, I have a good feeling about the 2011 season. We have some great talent, stars ready to shine. I think the biggest question mark is who will be our QB, not what's going on under the hat.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he said miles needs a new agent because he should have gotten more money.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

His article implies that Jeremy Hill was a known sex offender when he was recruited.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

What a tool

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Miles) still capable of doing crazy things and letting crazy things happen as in the Auburn game in 2007

I always love how people try to make this a crazy Les thing!! If Nick had done the exact same thing it would have been a great call.

I always loved that call by the LSU staff

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Fuggem & feed 'em fish heads. Miles is our coach, they can either get on board or catch the bus. The clock management was painful but I've seen it happen with other teams/coaches where little to nothing was made of it.

Who cares "why", bottom line is he sees himself better off/happier here. THAT in itself says a lot.

Apparently despite all the shyt the fertilizer printed (I couldn't even see who wrote it) we're contenders so I guess those "short-comings" aren't so detrimental.

If he wouldn't leave for Michigan, WHO WOULD he leave LSU for? It's not like there are better places to be than LSU.

And don't U forget it.

SabanFan, are you chumming the waters? Slow fishing? :hihi:

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Well, Gilbeau shouldn't worry so much about Miles' clock management issues anymore.

Although it's true that Miles turned down "mo money'' to stay at LSU....after seeing that large Jumbotron at the Cotton Bowl, part of Miles' new contract extension is a little known clause that requires LSU to increase the size of the game and play clocks by 100% !! It turns out that, in addition to his problem with extemporaneous speech, he also couldn't see the numbers on those clocks very clearly.

Problem solved !!

:hihi: