The Music Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Aug 14, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Great minds dude, I literally just downloaded some Steely Dan not 30 min ago

One of these dudes or Boz Scaggs grew up in Oklahoma, I always get em confused.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i remember seeing this a few years back and was blown away because she was 10 yrs old. etta james woulda been proud. the soul and emotion from a damn child is craziness.

if only the crowd would shut up and the crazy paula abdul would sit the f down.

3. shane0911

10 year olds just aren't supposed to be able to sing with that type of soul and emotion on a song like that. Ridiculous. That shit just aint right.

Side note, there was a kid from South La that was pretty damn good too. Travis something or another, wrote a song or two for Wayne Toups, his voice wasn't quite as, shit I don't know, you could tell he was still very young but he was good. Well beyond his years.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

and that was the last time i saw one of those shows when they voted her off that night. was too ridiculous.

5. shane0911

I was gonna ask who won, no way that other kid could have been better

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Meh. I've heard a lot of kids like that. They usually blow their vocal chords out before they are 15. Their coaches are typically like little league coaches. They don't give a shit about anything except the here and now and winning the game today. Most of these kids are just mimicking a recording. They have no idea the damage they are doing to their voices by over singing like they are encouraged to do.

That said, she sounded pretty good.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I may have posted Tallan Latz vid before. Was 8 year old blues guitar prodigy. Now 15 seems to be well enough adjusted

Here he is at 10 at Jimi Hendrix 67th birthday party

Here he is a few months ago

KyleK likes this.
  8. KyleK

I've heard him before. Dude has skills.

9. KyleK

Foo Fighters come through again. A couple weeks ago, I saw where Dave invited a dude up to play drums. This time, he invites a random dude from the audience to come sing "Tom Sawyer".

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He can handle the a like Clapton, SRV and Hendrix but it seems he hasn't developed much of a singing voice. Was kind of cute to hear him sing along with his awesome playing at the ages of 8 to 10. He needs to start drinking lots of whiskey and smoke cigarettes if he wants to sing the blues.

KyleK likes this.