The Music Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Aug 14, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I have heard this as well from someone else that just happened to be at the same show, SD. Did they play any new stuff? My boss is in but they aren't going anywhere near Cleveland so he will have to come to me.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

A lot? Meh, not a lot but some. He was in full swing on the solo career, had come off of great tours for Now and Zen, Manic Nirvana, and Fate of Nations. For about 3 or 4 songs including Kashmir and Whole Lotta Love, Jimmy Page came on to play....that was awesome!

Robert looks 82. Willie's always looked about 82.

I'm fairly certain you've solved your own dilemma. You could always add in that Plant is a limey and Willie is about as American as one can get.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I plan to miss it....intentionally. :eek::D

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Played a new tune, teaser I guess cause It was only for a minute or two. Did a Zeppelin cover, no quarter. Maynard did the vocals with a megapgone. That was awesome.

Snob.
    Yaint lived till ya been to a tool show. Got a weirdness live that does women the right way. I have seen women who hated pink floyd absolutely melt at their shows. Kinda like that.

You ain

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Snob? I don't know. It's just not my style or taste....at all. I'm certainly old enough to know what is interesting to me and Tool isn't it. I think their music and their show is probably greatly enhanced by pot and other drugs but I don't do either.

That type of show isn't what makes me melt.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Melting music

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Pretty sure Maynard doesn't do that stuff

tirk likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I was just kidding, but now you are being a snob. I don't do drugs and a lot of tool fans do not as well. Thing is, tool is pretty smart music. Try A Perfect Circle. Tool meets jazz, and be objective this time.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Didn't say he did. I said their show/music meaning for folks who watch/listen.
    Didn't say you did. My opinion is that their music and live shows would probably be enhanced (a better experience) by the use of pot or other drugs. I don't think that's a bad observation. I don't judge anyone who chooses to do those things, it's just not my thing. I was actually familiar with 2 songs from them....3 Libras and Weak and Powerless. Good music, just not for me. Jazz for me is something I typically only enjoy through Southern rock; Lynyrd, Molly, Stevie Ray, Allmans, etc.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member