The Music Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I always liked the way The Band did it. I googled Grace Potter and this is what they said:

the band is fronted by lead vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Grace Potter (born June 20, 1983), who is known for her vocal qualities—evocative of blues rock singers like Janis Joplin, Bonnie Raitt, or Koko Taylor—as well as for her vibrant energy on stage.

I'd like to hear her belt out a JJ tune

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Who was it? David Taub?

Beware those dudes promising to make you Jimi Hendrix for 99.95

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't know if she has ever covered a Joplin song. She has a lot of bluesy Rock stuff that I like and then some more contemporary stuff that I don't care much for. Hit or miss I guess

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Griff Hamlin. Been on his email list for a while. He is pretty good and his videos show you a lot of good stuff for free. I just wish I could make my fingers do what he shows in the videos

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Most contemporary music sucks anyway. January 1, 1980 was the day the music died. With a few exceptions. SRV for one. I'll let you know if I can think of any others.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Here's one I just looked at. He has a ZZ Top video and his video underneath it to show you how to do what you just saw Billy Gibbons do. Most of his videos are downloadable so you can save them to look at when you have time. I've got a bunch of his blues vids put on Google Drive

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/blo...m_content=2017-03-20_4-against-3&utm_term=all

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Chuck Berry plays the blues on this and plays some of his own songs in a sort of jazzy blues way. He looks to be about 80 or so in the vid. I had never see it before.

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Saw these guys by accident. Didn't mean to. Sorry.

Rarely these days do I enjoy an entire album in its entirety but these guys are on it top to bottow. So me likes

Royal Blood

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Talked to some folks with govt mule tickets all excited about going. I'm gonna try to make it. It's at the saenger.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I would skip my own wedding to hit a mule show. For them, it ain't no next time, it's every time. The way of the mule