The Music Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Here's your superstitions @GiantDuckFan

Can't leave out Stevie Ray

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Man, does anyone realize how freaking awesome you have to be in order to be that fucked up and still play that GD good! SRV was really something special

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I've been in the dark, but the more I see of him, the more I like, really enjoyed that video,.. we're lucky, entertainers don't die anymore, they live forever on youtube.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was lucky enough to see him a bunch of times before he was famous and a few times after. Even talked to him a couple of times and he was a few snorts over the line. Nobody attacks the guitar like him. Nobody.

I was trying to play Mary had a little lamb the other day. Of course I didn't expect to sound like him but I thought I was doing everything right but I wasn't happy with the way I sounded. I looked the song up on one of those chords, lyrics and tabs sites. It start it off saying: Use a certain model Stratocaster with size 13 strings tuned down half a step with a vintage Fender amp model I forget. Then it says something like replace tube 650LWX with tube number 675 AK47 or something like that.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So @GiantDuckFan when I was in New York I got some oil, and i decided to listen to Mr Blue Sky stoned as fuck and yeah it's awesome.

6. LaSalleAve

The 2nd time I saw Marilyn Manson, Twiggy the bassist passed out on stage and no one said anything and 5 minutes later he popped and just started playing again. Manson shows are great.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw Jerry Jeff Walker drop his guitar on the stage right before he was about to play because he was so fucked up. The bass player picked it up and tuned it and gave it back to him. Happened again 2 more times but when he played he sounded good.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I always like this song and especially the intro which repeats itself through the song. But I'm posting this because I saw a guitar tutorial video on how to play it yesterday and it was really easy to learn. Instructional video is with an acoustic and I tried it both ways but for me it's easier to get it right on my electric. I'll post that below the song

For any of you who play guitar or are trying to get better or learn new stuff and have seen the zillions of random videos I like this guy. He explains everything slowly bit by bit and puts the chords and tabs for each section in his tutorial. I learned this really quick yesterday. Still have to practice the intro so I don't hit the wrong string now and then but this is an easy one.

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

wow, you abstained for a long time,.. glad you enjoyed

now listen to Eldorado :D

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  10. LaSalleAve

Well when the weed man comes to your door with a brief case full of different strains and oils it's kind of hard to pass up.

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.