The negatiger theory

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GCS, Oct 12, 2010.

1. GCS

GCS Freshman

Okay guys, tell me if you would agree with this theory. The majority of the negatigers are so critical of the team because they only watch LSU play? I am a LSU fan, but I also enjoy CFB as a whole and it is hard to be extremely critical when you see other teams in other games make similar mistakes. I know the Ole Miss time management issue was bad because it cost us a game and all, but I remember watching the Big 12 Championship game last year and Mac Brown had a little mishap on manging the time clock. Luckily for them they won, but do you think a lot of the criticism is due to the fact that the only football a lot of the fans watch is LSU?

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The Stanford/USC game had one too last weekend. Too many of our fans only watch LSU and some select SEC games. I watch games from 11:00 a.m. to 10 or 11 p.m. during CFB season.

Oh, and SabanFan approves this thread. :grin:

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I guess that could be. But the example of Mac Brown wasn't really about Mac. Everyone in the media were all over Mcoy for that. Since our coach is generally percieved to be bafoonish, when our team makes a mistake the blame tends to migrate to him. Which isn't allways a bad thing.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

My theory is that a lot of the haters are self centered...seriously.

"Les Miles and the team didn't win with enough style and made me look bad to my friends who aren't LSU fans."

"We are the laughing stock of America because some half witted ex jock (that was passed all through high school and college because of football) couldn't come up with any insight and instead made fun of Les Miles...and since I pin my self image on my identification with LSU athletics...he's making fun of me."

"I paid MY good money so that gives ME the right to boo all that I want to. I can't boo the policeman who gave me a ticket because I would get arrested or I can't boo my wife because she made me put out the garbage before she made me miss sportrs center to go to my mother-in-law's house for my nepheew's first birthday party so I'll boo the players and coaches instead."

"I am a true LSU fan because I live and breathe LSU so I'm much better than other sunshine pumping fans. No one can question my loyalty...I know football better than the coaches and they have to listen to me or I'll rant on the football blogs."

I know I'm being ridiculous with these imaginary scenarios. I'm trying to make light of the situation. BUT the bottom line is:

Most of the unhappy LSU fans are so self centered, in some way, that they feel like Miles and the team insulted them personally...their happiness is dependent on how 18 to 21 year olds execute football plays. And they're not alone. Ever go to a game at soldier field or one in Philadelphia?

(This is why most women hate football.)

5 people like this.
  5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Rep for you.

It's why the radio postgame show is so entertaining. It's like listening to drunk, angry forum posters in real time. I remember people complaining in '07 when Flynn didn't have a perfect game and calling in wanting Perrilloux to start. These people are hopeless.

6. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

You make a good point, but that gives a negative attitude as well. When you see other teams w/explosive offenses, unique play calling and schemes; all with seemingly less talent.

7. GCS

GCS Freshman

I understand anyone would kill to have the talent we have and that because of it we should, in theory, score 50+ a game but just because we don't do it the way that everyone thinks it should be done does that mean we are a bad team or that Miles is not a good coach? He has a unique style of coaching and I am to the point that we should accept who he is and that no matter what he is our coach.. our coach who is a winner despite whether people think its pretty or not.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Say wha.....?:huh:

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The only thing fresh and new about Negatigers is the name. They come from a long line of Tiger fans that I have seen, known, and experienced since the 50s. It's always been this way. We've had 7 coaches in 30 years, and I'm not counting the interim and the strange plane crash.
    that's less than a 5 year average, I don't call that stability. The ony two to leave on thier own were the Saban and Arnsparger - who could be called the most successful until CLM. And everyone of them have been beat on. The same was true of Charlie Mac and Diesel - who won a championship and also left just like Saban. What if it's not the coach? What's the other common element in this story? Us.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Naw. I just feel that there are some really rabid fans out there who do not feel that LSU should ever make a mistake. More seriously, I think LSU fans are, like most fans, rabid about their team and really hates to see mistakes cost them, or almost cost them, a game. All fans are the same. After last weeks game against Florida, some fans were calling for Meyer's head.