The negatiger theory

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GCS, Oct 12, 2010.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

After reading my post I realized I should have included my definition of Negatiger. It is not someone who is critical, it is someone who never sees a positive. And no matter what Miles accomplishes they always add a BUT . . . .so, and so and so. Nothing wrong with critical analysis. Its being the sport fan equal of a political spin doctor that I consider a negatiger. And they have always been here.

2. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

Well, I've been kind of critical of Coach with the few posts I've made, but there are things I like about him, a lot, as well. I also watch a lot of other CFB. You mention Mack Brown, and I had a load of him up in Carolina for a while. He didn't exactly strike me as a rocket scientist while he was here, either. Brown shares some things with Miles. He is very likable, and a first class recruiter. His kids play hard for him. Not sure he's a great X's and O's guy.

Anyhow, hope that's an answer to your question. I'm usually on the tube all day on Saturday.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I think we're spoiled from success. It's not all bad. Like everything in life it is bad when taken to the extreme, one way or the other.

4. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I honestly think some just have to complain. It is just hardwire in them to bitch. Just like it is hardwired in me to drink a cold beer if there is one in the house and stare at a woman’s ample cleavage when she is displaying it or checking out a shapely bottom in a tight pair of jeans.

Titties and beer…nothing better… except for maybe T&A and beer.

What was I talking about again?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's true darlin'. You are in the minority of your gender.

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

My girlfriend is coming around. I have to explain everything to her still, but she seems to really enjoy the games.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great points. I would like to add to this theory my 2 cents. I think what is the cause of many a LSU fans hyper criticism is due to our history. LSU is a top 20 all time winning program, LSU is as historical as any when it comes to tradition, LSU has one of the best venues in all of college football, but we have never been regarded as highly as some of the other programs similar to ours.

In all of the time of college football LSU has never gotten the public acceptance and respect that some of the other historical programs have. Back when ND, OU, Neb, Mich, USC, and others dominated what little TV exposure college football got, LSU, although we did get some air time, was never put in the spotlight like some of these other programs. These other programs, that are no better than we are, that, some don't even have as good of an all time winning record, receive media/press accolades that is far greater than LSU.

LSU fans started receiving this respect and acceptance under Saban, which is why some have such high regards of him. Saban then transferred this public respect to Miles, who has continued it and kept us as a major elite program. The problem now is that, between having us out of the National Championship picture and looking like an idiot over the previous 2 seasons. some LSU fans are afraid that we will go back to not getting the respect we have earned over the past decade. That continuing to have Miles as the LSU HC risks this new image to become tarnished sending us back to the "ugly red headed step child" of college football.

It is this fear that has so many LSU fans up in arms over what has transpired over the last 3 seasons. 6-0 record or not Miles will eventually bring us back to where none of us want to be, and the fans that feel this way will say anything to keep making their point until they are heard and Miles is gone.

I would add that even sunshine pumpers don't want this to happen either, but don't really see that we are at risk of losing the respect that we have earned, especially as long as Miles keeps the Tigers winning. This is just my opinion, probably a little deep and way off the mark, but it's just a point.

1 person likes this.
  8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

But viva la minoria.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0v8ZwAQzM]YouTube - Main Ingredient-Everybody Plays The Fool[/ame]

10. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I only watch LSU play and I'm not a negatiger. I also understand we are all human and make mistakes. Bottom line, football is a game and there are more important things than Mile's time mgmt/play calling. I'm happy when we win and don't get upset when we lose. We will win the next one. Life goes on.