The negatiger theory

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GCS, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I don't get my respect from a football team is the difference from you and me. This is the difference in negatigers and sunshine pumpers.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Neither do I, which is why I am not a negatiger. Don't care enough to have it effect me that much that I would only dwell on the negatives. I enjoy the wins and enjoy the entertainment.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I wasn't really satisfied with my first post in this thread...I felt that it was incomplete. I wasn't trying to slam negatigers because everyone has a right to their opinion; good or unvaforable. That's why I appreciate opposing viewpoints if they're well thought out or well stated and it also doesn't matter to me if someone has 1 or 50,000 posts.

Anyway, another fundamental problem that the constantly negative mindset is perspective. I think that if you put LSU football in a proper perspective with life in general, you see through different eyes. You tend not to melt down as much.

It's kind of like parents at playground football games. Some parents (Most parents) are excited for their kids who are out there learning a GAME that we love and are showing improvement through dedication, practice setting goals and trying hard. They are grateful to see improvement as the season progresses. These parents realize that their kids are learning skills that translate into school life, work life, spiuritual development, etc. These parents put things into proper perspective.

On the other hand there are parents who are living their own vicarious lives through their kids efforts. These are the ones that criticize the coach for not running the right plays, for playing the wrong kids, for poor coaching of their kids. And they're the ones who yell at the refs and the coaches and sometimes the kids themselves. We've all seen those parents...they don't have things in the right perspective.

Personally, I fall into the trap of thinking "I'm definitely in the first froup. I have things in the proper perspective. I'm a good parent."....until I found myself disappointed to all ends that my daughter doesn't want to play High School basketball any more.

We all have to realize that, in actuality, we have the traits of both groups in order to deal with things in the proper perspective...and to do that we really have to be objective. That involves actually seeing the opposite perspective from their point of view.

You see, just like sports...posting on this website can give US skills that we can take into the other aspects of our lives.:wink:.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

A truly outstanding post, a skill you display here often. Everything really always does come down to perspective. Thats why a man living a simple life can be happier, and frequently is happier, than Mr "I-Got-All-The-Toys". Simple man is happy with what he has, other guy longs for what his hasn't got yet. Do the Vandy fans have more fun than us - because they meet expectations more often? Don't know and don't want to switch places. But it makes for interesting thought.

But I got to be honest, your first post made me smile because of the 'women hate football' line. I had a mental picture of OkieTigerTK sitting "In a sea of freakin' crimson and cream" writing 15,500 posts mostly about Tiger football and saying . . . . :lol::lol::lol:

5. stevescookin

Me? I'm just a cook...would you like fries with that opinion? :hihi:.

...and Okie is very special...not your average lady.

6. stevescookin

Bottom line:

Perspective is realized when...

The true fans support the team NOT the negative fans expecting to be supported by the team.

:tigereye: