The new fox sports show I-Max....what a ripoff

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, May 14, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well I had been hearing all the advertising on Fox regarding the fact that Max Kellerman was starting his new show there. He had been on ESPN prior to that on the show Around the Horn, a fairly popular show.

So Kellerman goes to Fox and basically does the same format of a show! What a joke. I mean how in the heck you gonna leave one network and go to another just to do the same show. And believe me, Fox Sports has nothing on ESPN. Why go to a lesser network.

And the changes he made to the format are stupid. He goes up against one other person, in this case, Michael Holley is the only person I have seen him go up against so far (who was also a regular on Around the Horn actually). And from what I can gather, the disembodied voice guy must be the judge on this new show cause it sounds just like him. So this judge guy votes on who made the better case of arguing different sports topics. And the stupidest thing is Max still can mute the person he is up against. I guess that is why they call it I, MAX.

Well whatever.....the show will be canceled within 90 days.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ how else.

fox has paid many ppl to come to their network.

3. islstl

Well Max Kellerman will have no job in 3 months.

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Max should have stuck to the FNF's on ESPN, or maybe pusued a commentator job with HBO-BAD or Showtime Boxing. I don't really like to hear him talk about sports in general, just Boxing. Some of these guys get noticed and then all of a sudden think they are the chit. He will be unemployed unless he goes back to what got him there.

5. islstl

Well when he was on Around the horn, you only heard him sparingly as the 4 "contestants" did most of the talking......he only decided on who was correct in their arguments. It worked well. But now it's all about hearing him the entire show. It is a bit much, like you say.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It was a stupid and irritating show on ESPN and now it's on Fox, no biggie. :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: