The New Logo what do you Think after 2 months

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 22, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I still wish we had the old logo. I think the Tiger was better. I know they changed it because of merchandise sales but I just do not like it. I guess it was such a drastic change maybe if they would have made a more suttle change. Maybe somebody else has a thought on the subject.

I guess my point is when you look at other schools logos I do not remember another school making such a change to their logo like LSU did and if they did they still used the old logo but LSU has just gotten rid of the old logo. The Helment is the only place you will see the old logo.

SOME CHANGES ARE GOOD NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE

2. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Gotta say it's grown on me

Change is never easy - but i like the new logo. I bought a couple golf shirts with the logo - looks good IMO.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, its growing on me, too. I didnt like it at first, but I think its ok, now.

4. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I still hate it and refuse to buy anything with the new logo on it.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I agree, I still hate it, actually when I went home this weekend it is getting harder and harder to find things with our original logo on it.

When I see the new one I think.. THUNDER CATS GO !!!!!

I like the font but the new logo is horrible.

I liked the old one.

Geaux Tigers

6. la tigra

la tigra Freshman

the new logo is ugly!!!

7. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

If anything, I like it less now than I did at first. I'm definitely not against change, but this logo is bland and the Tiger is badly drawn. Not fierce, just funny-looking. Maybe a few tweaks would help.

8. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

The funny thing is that in every marketing/design/whatever class, the teachers make it a point to tell you to make sure you do focus testing when you're doing something like this (one group in my class had points taken off for not doing focus testing on their webpage project).

Guess LSU should take its own advice.

Also, did they ever say why they decided to go to a NY firm? You think they would have picked a LA one seeing as they would be more intune with what LSU means to fans...

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I think the new logo looks a lot like Cincinatti Bengal's logo.

10. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

It is horrible. Go to ESPN and look at our logo compared to other teams (there is a nice comparison list you can view . . . the ESPN top 16).

It looks like a high schoolers version of a nice LSU logo. When you look at the SEC page, our logo stands out b/c of how conference USA it looks. Thank god they didn't change the unis or anything else. It reminds me of how the ARK students hate the 3D razorback, and how the ALA students hate the new wave elephant design.

When will colleges get it. It pays to change logos and such in the pros every few years, in college ball tradiation sells (not gimmicks).