The new question and answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yesterday I returned the Nextbook intending to buy the Stream. When I looked at it closer where I thought it said a 1 TB drive was partially covered up by the metal anti-theft bar and it really said 1 /TB OneDrive and it was only a solid state 32 gig. Instead I bought an Asus X540S with 4g ram and a 1TB hard drive. Also a 15.9 screen. Paid $269.

Already there is a problem but I don't think it's the machine. It's WIN10. Wifi randomly disconnects from the internet. I have to reboot it to get back online. Al the info I can find pertains to that specific problem with upgrades from Win8 or 8.2. Involves downloading some device specific driver. I don't want to download a driver until I'm sure that's what it is and I get the correct driver

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I upgraded to 10 from either 8 or 8.2 don't remember but haven't has that issue. Our it dude is a whiz I will ask him tomorrow

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Open Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Open Your Wireless LAN Card properties > Click on Power Management tab..the option that is given to turn off the device to save power might be checked. So uncheck that.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Did that last night but it still cuts out