The "New" Republican Party

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Feb 6, 2004.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

parental indoctrination? maybe, nothing has been proven about why a person belives the way he/she does. It may be genetic or it could be something else. Scientists are discovering many new things about the human brain every year. It's a possibility even if unlikey. Maybe what I am trying to say is that it ACTS like a disease and the host is a Free, peaceful society.

Morals aren't black and white, Morals change as society changes. "who" is the wrong word. Morality is directly proportional to a culture's past and present and the attitude of the majority of it's participants. Our ( the united States ) moralities roots are from our anglo-saxxon forefathers based in Judeo-Christian beliefs. Whether you subscribe to a higher diety or not, our nation was founded on these beliefs that is a fact.

Certain moralities exist in all cultures though. One basic one is murder. All known human cultures have abhored murder in society even at it's most primitive forms of culture. This of course excludes some things like justifiable homicide and acts of war with other cultures.
    Moral fiber is not bestowed, or graced, it is the LIMIT that society allows. It can erode to a level of primicy where it is "every man for himself" so to speak. Our country's moral fiber was outlined over 200 years ago in the United States Constitution.
    Anything less is Morality in decline. It would be a shame, yeah a crime to allow it to erode back to something less, for I truely believe we as Americans, have lead the way and although the path looks dim, I sincerely hope we are a light to the world that represents freedom and hope for a better, peaceful world. One where there is no terrorism and tyranny. Amen?

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

2. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

Sure, I'll buy that. I just have trouble bying the idea that if I believe the government has an obligation and ability to help its citizens means I'm missing braincells. If I had been raised a conservative, would my DNA/brain evolved differently? I dunno, I'm no biology major.

I stil don't quite know where to define "eroding" of morality. I agree murder is deplorable, but there are many aspects of society that don't really have to be defined by Judeo-Christian standards to the letter. Besides, our founding fathers were Deists.

"The Christian god is a three headed monster, cruel, vengeful, and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites." --Thomas Jefferson

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." --Thomas Paine

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Quote by Abraham Lincoln
    Men are not flattered by being shown that there has been a difference of purpose between the Almighty and them.

I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    --George Washington

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    --George Washington

The majesty of God in itself goes beyond the capacity of human understanding and cannot be comprehended by it... We must adore its loftiness rather than investigate it, so that we do not remain overwhelmed by so great a splendor.
    --John Calvin

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religion but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We shall not fight alone. God presides over the destinies of nations."--Patrick Henry

Benjamin Franklin Address at the Constitutional Convention Thursday June 28, 1787
    "I have lived, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God Governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?

"The highest story of the American Revolution is this: it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."--- President John Adams

"It is no slight testimonial, both to the merit and worth of Christianity, that in all ages since its promulgation the great mass of those who have risen to eminence by their profound wisdom and integrity have recognized and reverenced Jesus of Nazareth as the Son of the living God."--- John Quincy Adams

"We have staked the whole future of American civilization not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments." ---James Madison

"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and the interest, of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."------John Jay, 1777 The first Chief Justice of the United States

"The God who gave us life gave us liberty... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction... That these liberties are the gift of God? The bible is the cornerstone for American liberty." ---Thomas Jefferson

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

The theory that our founding father's were agnostic or Diests is a popular theory resoundly stated by anti-sematic and anti-christian factions that have quoted and mis quoted out of context many things our fore father's said to their own benifit. You see it is just as easy to pull quotes contrary to their rumoristic ramblings. Arguament can be made either way. Suffice it to say that our forefathers most probably were men who "embraced" freedom of religion and this is how the quotes got construed. They may have practiced all manner of worship, the EXACT reason they fought for a free democratic society.