The new Spring Roster is now posted on LSUsports.net

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Feb 17, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The guys suspected of transferring were confirmed as they are not on the roster. West, Merrill, Lawrence, Stoltz of course. Demps not being on the roster surprised me, I hadn't heard anything about him and I will venture a guess that this is why we dropped so quickly off of his brother's favorites list.

Also, Phillip Maxwell is not on this list, anyone hear anything on him? I see Dandy Don had him on the depth chart but not Demps.

2. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Re: The new Spring Roseter is now posted on LSUsports.net

Anyone know why Joe Lawrence is not on the roster? Did he only give football one year and quit? That sucks if so. He seemed like a good athlete and could of made an excellent DB and lended depth with the departure of CWeb and TD. I remember he tore his ACL, butit seems he recovered ok. It also sucks West left because he would of been in the 2 deep this year with a good spring.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, there were no starters lost. There are always academic losses and players with personal situations that leave.

Happens every year.

We need to lose a few more anyway to get under the 85-scholarship limit in August. There will be summer transfers as well. There is a lot of talent on this team and more coming on board. Talented guys who find themselves out of the regular rotation in the spring will consider finding schools where they can star (Craig Nall for example).

Happens every year.

4. cajdav1

HotDog, Saban moved Lawrence to DB and than moved him back per Joe's request as he didn't like being on D. We are just way too talented at Wr for him to make much of an impact there.

Red, I agree and figured that Miles already knew of a few transfers due to the announcing of awarding schollies to walk ons and the number of new players we brought in. Demps just surprised me becasue I had not heard of him being one of the guys not in school, Maxwell either.

5. LSUfroshy19

LSUfroshy19 Freshman

phillip maxwell had alot of concusion problems and that is why he is not returning

6. philter

philter Founding Member

I hope that freed up a spot for Reever to get a ship, he deserves it.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

When do they update the players' profiles with 2004's stats?

8. cajdav1

I haven't heard any mention of him getting one at this time but it would be nice to see a guy that turned down a scholarship somewhere else, especially a BCS school, to come to LSU get one. I know Zimmerman and Petty were supposed to get a schollie. This may be one of those years where a few deserving players can get one since our class was so small.

9. philter

philter Founding Member

Besides that, we only have 3 QBs on scholarship. We don't know if one will transfer if they lose out on the starting job, plus injuries etc. Reever could leave himself, I've heard rumblings on other forums that he will not be able to afford school next year without a ship.

What if Reever left, Flynn transferred, and JR got hurt?

10. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Hmm, I think we all know the answer to that question. :wink:

You could say goodbye to any national title talk in 2005, but we'd have RP's baptismal by fire to focus on and keep things interesting.

Ugh, I got a chill just imagining having to give up on hopes of a :crystal: run due to that kind of scenario. It's only February! Only positive thoughts of next season allowed...unless we're describing that November 5th game, of course...LOL.