The Next LSU HBC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bryan.allen, Jan 7, 2011.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

In whose opinion; if it's ours - Nobody. In the opinion of just about everyone else USC, ND, Florida, and now Michigan would all be better.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was thinking how happy I was not to know his friends.

1 person likes this.
  3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I definately don't want them at my party. Unless my dogs need a snack.:wave:

4. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Founding Member

Jim Tressel has been at OSU for more than a decade. No reason to interview him because his tenure means he isnt leaving.

Same goes for Mack Brown.

Pete Carrol was coveted by everyone. Every time an NFL job came open, his name was attached. He eventually left.

Meyer was on top of the college world so there was no move that would make sense for him to go to another school. He also ran a system offense which NFL owners shy away from.

As for which jobs that have been better since Les Miles was hired....off the top of my head....

Michigan
    USC
    Auburn
    Tennessee
    Florida
    Miami
    Florida State (although they had a coach in waiting)

You LSU folks forget that up until Saban, you were a homecoming game for most schools. LSU dominates the state which is rich with talent but will always be in the same division as Alabama

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Considering LSU has beaten Bama 8 times since 2000 (including this season), that statement means absolutely nothing.

1 person likes this.
  6. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Founding Member

Convenient to start with 2000.

Alabama is the winningest program in the SEC. They have more national titles than anyone in the country. Its an easier school to recruit because of their history.

They also have the best coach in college football on their sidelines.

How do you guys not even acknowledge that before Saban came to LSU, you were a homecoming game. Up until Nick Saban arrived....LSU was never once even ranked in a pre season coaches poll. Not one time.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The only year he won with Saban's players was his first year coaching at LSU...that was the year of Katrina. LSU had every reason to fold tent (like Florida did when Tebow left for the NFL)

Oh and, by the way, Miles coached that team to a #2 ranking that year.

If you really want to discuss LSU football, remove your head from your rear That way $h!t doesn't come out of your mouth. :milesmic:

1 person likes this.
  8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

This is quite possibly the most ignorant post I've ever seen here .LSU began 1959 #1 in the country just to quickly disprove your statement of us "never" starting a year ranked. LSU was in a bad place right before Saban got here, but not for long. As a program we already had an undefeated National Championship and 13 conference titles. Not to mention the 12th most victories in all of college football history. To call LSU a consistent "homecoming game" for other schools is not even close to being correct. Seriously, are you just making stuff up as you go? If you hang on Bama's nuts so hard, why don't you just go hang with the Gumps? Sorry, but you're nonsense is a waste of my time.

1 person likes this.
  9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Anyone who is excited about or looking forward to the prospect of Miles leaving is, hoping the Tigers turn into Tenn.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

What he said. You need to follow the rule "It is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and prove it."