The Next LSU HBC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bryan.allen, Jan 7, 2011.

1. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Founding Member

Thats so stupid. A program like Alabama is one coach away from a ridiculous tear, like Alabama was. Your logic doesnt work.

LSU was better than UF this year. Does that mean its a better program?

Go back 3 years and UF is better, 5 years UF is better, 10 years Uf and LSU are about even, 20 years UF is way better.....

You think when a recruit goes into the swamp and sees their heismans, crystal balls, unbelievably loud fans.....they are thinking....well LSU has won 4 of the last 7.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Let's see if Nick is 62-17 after 6 years at bama. Oh. Wait. Nick doesn't stay anywhere for six years.

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Oooo... I guess you told me. Nice jorts btw.

Obviously, the comparison isn't apples to apples. Of course, your response and the fact that I even have to point that out to you speaks volumes of your intentions here, not that we didn't already know.

Anyway, LSU had problems at the end of Dinardo's time here so yeah they weren't a great team, but lets not forget the LSU you describe as "a homecoming team" kicked Saban's team's butt just a year before. Either LSU was a little better than a homecomming team around that time, or Dinardo out-coached your demigod. Pick your poison.

Name calling or not, in my opinion Miles is as good of an all-around coach as we've ever had. You might not like it, but the man knows how to win games, recruit, keep his team in line, get them to focus on their education, put players in the NFL, etc.. and the proof's in the numbers. I don't care if he speaks Swahili, eats grass, and every game is down to the wire so long as he keeps doing what he does for LSU and the community, and wins games.

4. LSU Envoy

LSU Envoy Freshman

Typo?

Probably not, considering your selective (and loose) use of stats to try to prove your opinions as factual. Please take your posts - intended to flame the board - to THE SIDELINES (board) where they belong. Those of us who are here to have intelligent football discussions don't want to read your erroneous "facts" and flawed logic.

BTW... Miles went 28-21 at Oklahoma State.

5. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

4 years ago LSU is Better! 8 years ago lsu is better! We can count NC's too. Now Florida like Alabama is putting their hopes on a former LSU Coach? Why not use one of your own?! All the quality ones have left? After Urban won his first he did not have to do a lot of rebuilding to do to get his second. Nick didn't stay around to build his second, and said he regretted that enough to come back to college football. Les on the other hand has stayed to do a full rebuild. If the Tigers get another next year, and most experts think they can, they will be the only School to have three crystals. As it is LSU was the first to get two crystals with totally different Starters. Florida got two with more or less the same starters. Alabama was picked to get two with the same starters and didn't get it done, with their beloved (former Tiger) coach. Here is a clue the giant has been awaken and I'll grant you Saban was the one that awoke him. Fitting that the guy who woke the giant is the coach of Alabama, since his predecessor is the one who first talked about the giant. By the way the swamp is not as loud as Tiger Stadium, it never had an earth quake game!!

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

First off, if you want disllusional most here are well informed of my track record. If a point of interest needs to be embellished with forethought and intent in the Tiger collective psyche, to perhaps suggest the impossible or at least improbable, for entertainment purposes of course, you know which Avy to click. I see no misdirecting here, no good natured banter with double meaning and snake like SabanFan satirical subtlety. Where is the martin like sniping and biting and insisting on last commenting......well. ok, there could be evidence of the brooklyn menace, But where is the wit, the desire to BAM-fuso with guile and startling accuracy of Red55?

To be an educator in the mythical arts of the borderline absurd I believe to be a gift in itself. It's Not to be handled, as if this misinformation and these timely but senseless stats where driven into a golden spike with a sledge hammer denoting the end of the track building journey.

No my friends, believability, along with a plausible time line will always leave the group with at least a passing fascination with the discussion. Much in the manner of slowing down to take a gander at a traffic accident will satisfy a curiousity that doesn't require and create the urge to drive the victims to the hospital.

1 person likes this.
  7. bryan.allen

4 years ago, Florida was coming off a national title and was getting ready to win another the following year.

8 years ago, LSU was winning the first real national title in school history...the first time they have relevant to anyone outside of Louisianna in like 60 years. Florida was getting ready to hire Urban Meyer....

10 years ago, Florida didnt even look at LSU as a threat. They had won 12 of their last 13....including 7 out of 8 at Tiger Stadium.

Comparing Tiger Stadium to the swamp is a joke. I go to the UF/LSU game every year. I was at the "Tebow Concussion" game 2 years ago, and i was literally talking in a regular tone to my GF for 90% of the game. LSU fans are some of the most fickle fans in the nation. JJ was getting killed all game and UFs defense was absolutely smothering LSUs offense....and with every failed drive, the boo birds got louder and louder. The Leslie Miles flaming was never higher. I walked out of Tiger Stadium that night thinking how unimpressed with that stadium I was. Any SEC stadium can be loud when the team is winning, TS absolutely is a dump and terrible venue to visit when LSU is playing badly.

To anyone that questions the two stadiums. TS has NEVER been as loud as Gville was in 2008 when Tebow completes a 75 yard TD pass to Percy on the 2nd play of the game. It also was rivaled when Spikes had the pick 6 on the first play of the 4th quarter and punted the ball into the stands. Most of the canjuns were in their cars headed back to NOLA by then.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Florida never won a single conference title until 1991! Not one. What a dumbass you are. :lol:

9. bryan.allen

No, I was wrong. I thought he was .500

He was actually 16-16 against the Big 12.

10. bryan.allen

False. They were stripped due to a former administrations actions. In fact, in 1984 they finished ranked number 3 and had a legit claim at "national title" but they were facing sanctions from something that happened 6 years prior to that season. Not one player on that team was on any of the Charlie Pell teams.

They also were "SEC Champs" 2 other years prior to the 1991 season but the SEC presidents voted them ineligible.

Also, 30-24....the all time series record of LSU vs. UF:wave: