The next step of abortions

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, May 1, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Starve & kill? If Terri was able to function on her own, she would not have died. This was not murder. As I said, I would appreciate the same if in a similar circumstance and thus do consider this a right to die issue.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

no, im quoting the doctors. try reading the article sometime.

Im fighting for the right of her husband to choose not to sustain vegetativeness.

um, you'll be judged on whether or not you chose Christ bud. not whether or not you support not sustaining vegetables.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I do have the right to die. If on life support (even though you won't agree a feeding tube is life support), my care taker has the right to stop it if it's in my best interest.

4. LSUDeek

it makes plenty of sense if you understand the difference between a brain stem and all of the other parts of the brain necessary for cognitive function and movement.

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

It's not about what YOU would want in the case, who cares what you want.

So wait, if the person can't live a life, then they should be killed by starvation? That's the legal line you'd like drawn for killing the sick? So kids with Down's, who can never live a true life, never live alone........man, that's sick. I'm telling you, killing the unwanted, the sick, the infirm is a path of which I do not want to go down. But there's enough people like you that want this so.......

The only ones here who would benefit nothing from her death was her parents. There was no documents showing this was what she wanted, only her husband who stood to gain from it.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Her husband made the choice for her. He had to because nobody has written contracts that say how & when they should be let go in certain circumstances. He didn't gain anything financially from her death. I believe he had her best interest at heart.

7. LSUDeek

oh, and btw supa the doctors said it was impossible for her to swallow.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I don't but for you guys to sit here and say her brain was liquified is ridiculous. If it was liquified, she could not move guy. She made sounds like speaking, she was breathing on her own, moving her eyes.....at tiems she could follow her mother's hand.......

Dr. Deek though says her brain was liquid.

Who cares if it was though. There was no document saying she wanted this. The only ones with nothing to gain were her parents and they wanted her alive.

10. LSUDeek

this is all about persistent vegetative states and brain liquefaction. please stop extrapolating.