The NFL still has no idea what a catch is....

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 18, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

watch the video at the bottom of this link. The link is about Jimmy Graham's penalty but there is a video at the bottom that talks about a Golden Tate TD being ruled a catch that clearly shouldn't have been if Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Tyler Eifert, and Devonta Freeman's were not ruled a catch. The NFL is a laughing stock.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10...use-nfl-dumb-new-rule-pulling-player-off-pile

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

NFL stands for Not Football anyLonger. There is a good argument that by multiplying the rules and attempting to restrict every possible human reaction they are not only ruining the game but making things worse. Sort of like liberal policies.

3. LaSalleAve

Beckham just robbed of a TD because the NFL still doesn't know what a catch is. Caught in the endzone both feet come down then the ball is stripped and Beckham wasn't even going to the ground. The NFL fucking sucks.

ParadiseiNC and fanatic like this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I saw it live and on replay. It's absurd. If you're running the ball, the second it crosses the goal line, it's a TD, so why isn't it like that for receivers? You're right, he caught it and came down in bounds with both feet. It should be a TD at that point. Why complicate it with all of the other nonsense?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

That's what the rule was at least in the 80s. In the endzone: possession, two feet, play over, TD. Problem is that if you have to "complete the process of the catch" in the field of play, it wouldn't make sense that you wouldn't have to do so in the endzone, where a catch is literally at least 6X more important. Maybe the rule should just be possession and two feet. Eliminate this "football move" and going to the ground-act of catch complications.

6. LaSalleAve

What's funny is the same call was called a catch in a Detroit game earlier this year. Beckham wasn't going to the ground. He caught it in the air landed on 1 foot then 2 and after he landed with 2 feet and possession in the endzone a defender knocked the ball out of his hands. Ball broke the plane with possession play should be over if he isn't falling to the ground.

fanatic likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Right, they kept saying "He hadn't become a runner" I was screaming at the TV "because he doesn't have to run anywhere, he is in the damn end zone its a TD"!

Bengal B likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

pet peeve of mine since the change. i think the calvin johnson one set me off. it was the first i remember hearing, 'the process of the catch'.

the lions are like the saints of old. they are cursed, are coached stupid as f, players make stupid mistakes and are cursed on top of it. never seen a team outplay another for 59 mins then find a way to get hosed almost every week.

this has gone on for years. it so reminds me of watching the saints get screwed by frisco/refs every year. i almost never complain about refs but boy did they get hosed many times.

here it is.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a77070/Controversial-call-on-Megatron-non-TD

fanatic likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's what I meant by complicating it with all the other nonsense.

This x 1000

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I still remember when Jerry Rice spiked the ball on the 2 yard line before he crossed the goal line. Even after review they ruled it a touchdown.

fanatic likes this.