The NFL's finest days are over

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mancha, Sep 1, 2017.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

If CTE doesn't doom the league first, their compulsive desire to protect their image will. They covered up the findings by the investigator of the Elliot domestic abuse accusations with the sole intention to show us that they are tough on domestic assault, even when no evidence is present.
    The League used to be so smart, now they react to social media pressure and have become so dumb. Just like our society today. Fuck them and that bitch VP of investigations.

http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-may-have-screwed-up-its-ezekiel-elliott-inv-1798685944

It’s those failures of the process that Elliott and the NFLPA attacked during the appeal hearing and plan to exploit if they have to go to federal court to seek a temporary injunction.

That Roberts’ recommendation didn’t make it into the report and Roberts not being involved in the decision making, even though she ran point on the fact finding with the accuser, are trap doors that could come back to haunt the NFL if this goes to federal court.

Lisa Friel, the league’s senior vice president for investigations, was reportedly the person to recommend a six-game suspension and the person to bar Roberts from the meeting with Goodell. Last fall, an ESPN reporter had reportedly witnessed Cowboys owner Jerry Jones angrily confronting Friel about the league’s investigation into Elliott.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I think their continued preference to protect the big money teams at all cost caused me to pull back my support a couple of years ago. Then last year with the protesting was the death nail for me. Now i only casually monitor whats going on in the league. I dont attend games and don't buy their merchandise. However i probably will throw some money JJ watts way for what he is doing for Houston.

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

The NFL has lost its way. It has no idea what is right and what is wrong. They had no moral or ethical standards to begin with. As long as you could play football, then whatever. Now It does nothing but react to public sentiment.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

if you don't stand for something....

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Elliott may or may not be a real asshole. I don't know. But in this country you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. At least with Ray Roce there was the damning video.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

6 games with no evidence to support it, however there is evidence that the woman accusing Elliot tried to blackmail him with a potential sex tape if he didn't pay her.

fanatic and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sad thing is I have to care. I don't, college ball is far more important to me but if/when the NFL goes down it takes everything else with it. So...I have to care, but I don't.