The offensive genius that is Kevin Sumlin

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Aug 28, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

so what is your thought on A&M now?

I still think that their lack of defense will cost them at least 2 games.

I do agree South Carolina was overrated, but still a top 15 team, give or take.

2. islstl

btw, South Carolina has surrendered the most yards in any game in program history

3. islstl

I think you move the aggies into the top 10 or very very close to it, based on the eye test.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

No excuse, just telling what I see. No push, slow on the defensive side, no manning up on the WR's, playing 10yds off. Not being able to handle a smash route, a free release by the WR's.

#9, just a ranking, 11 straight in 3 seasons. But like I said, too many holes in that defense.

I was texting with a coach during this game, he too sees much of what I see.

Maybe its just me?

didit likes this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Nope, it's not you. The boat left and someone is still standing on the dock.

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe we should be talking about Kevin Football instead of Johnny Football. Wow! Who saw this coming?

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

#14 ejected for Ole Miss. Over to the next game.

tigermark likes this.
  8. didit

didit Veteran Member

Not just you... I was gonna post something similar... CB's playing 10+ yds off the receiver, even in the red zone... Polls should be withheld until a few games are played...

LSUDad likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This Carolina defense was not the kind of defenses that A&M will face in the West Division, that's for sure. That's for damn sure. The kid picked their zone defense apart all game long. Carolina never got a pass rush against him. When he faces Alabama, LSU and Auburn his receivers are going to be wearing a defensive back like velcro. Some very big and unpleasant gentlemen are going to be in his face at light speed. Regularly. He won't be throwing for 500 yards in the SEC too much. Not now that Chavis and Smart have seen him.

Still, A&M will jump six to ten places in the rankings. Carolina will probably fall below them. They can still win the east. There are maybe four top-10 teams in the SEC West. Bama, LSU, A&M, and Auburn will be a huge fight. And friggin Ole Miss can beat those teams on a good day. A&M is not exactly looking at a bed of roses up ahead. Five of the best teams in the country will have losses only to each other and none are likely to go undefeated. A four-team FBS playoff will be unkind to the SEC West Division. Only one team will make it . . . even if two or three are worthy.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Perhaps not quite into the top-10 yet because of this . . .

cajdav1 likes this.