The Official 16-0 Watch Thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I really didn't want to jinx 16-0 by starting a thread, but I figured what they hell.......

I'm starting to think that the Saints are going to go 16 N.O. in the regular season and possibly win the Super Bowl.

12-0

I never thought I'd see the day.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well the Washington game was it.

It didn't happen.

Now it won't happen.

I am getting myself prepared to purchase Carolina tix and drive the 8 hours to watch that game. It will be historic.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

16-0 means nothing, IMO. The Pats were 16-0 2 years ago, but then they lost the Super Bowl, so who really cares what their regular season record was? Until last night, we needed 16-0 just to stay ahead of the Vikes and earn the #1 seed. Their loss to the Cards gives us a little wiggle room.

16-0 would be great, but if we don't follow it up with a Super Bowl win, it will just mean another off-season of "what ifs". I may feel a little different, of course, if we have a Super Bowl matchup of 16-0 opponents. Can you imagine the hype for that one? ESPN may demand that college basketball be cancelled for 2 weeks!

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

After watching Brett Favre come back down to Earth last night and the Vikings looking more than suspect on D, the Saints are on their way to 18-0 heading into what may very well be an 18-0 Indy team.

San Diego might have something to say about that.