The Official Cooler Heads Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I'm as disappointed as anyone else when LSU drops a game. I have the expectation that the Tigers are going to stomp mud holes in all of their competition. And I love the great passion of my fellow Tiger Fans. If the boards had been empty after the game and no one was bitching it would indicate a bigger problem to me.

So it's of no surprise that a lot of venting has come to pass in the days since our first loss. Naturally the daggers have been thrown at players and coaches for not living up to their potential and we have uncovered all that is wrong with the team: the schemes, the play calling, the alignments, the players, maybe even the color of the turf or the song the band played in the 3rd Quarter. It was all just wrong! Shouldn't have happened! We own Moo State. They're as good as a non-conf rent a win.

Here are my thoughts ...

This is a much better MSU team than we have seen in years. Many years. This is the type of season that MSU gets once very 20 years. They have some great talent, some seasoned vets and Mullen is no slouch of a coach. LSU is playing a ton of kids who were in High School last year. Experience matters almost as much as talent. That goes for the players and the coaches. Remember that it's not just the kids adjusting to the game but also their coaches adjusting to their new team.

And it's not likely to be our last loss of this season.

I fully agree with Miles that everyone owns this. They certainly do. And they will bond together, bust their butts and work to get things fixed. No one needs to be thrown under the bus and no one needs to panic. This team is going to win a lot and they will be in the championship discussion. Let's just not get our expectations too far in front of reality. It's not going to happen this year. It's a reload season. We are going to take some lumps, make some mistakes and lose a few games (3 is my guess).

But you better catch this team early. This is, top to bottom, one of the most talented teams we have seen in Purple and Gold. I also believe this team is tight knit. They are going to pull together, pick each other up and be much better in the end. When they do ... there will be fireworks and the lights will shine brightly in the Bayou.

So don't spend too much time fussing. The football season moves faster than Durall on a fly route. So relax, sit back and start dreaming of a big upset on the plains of Auburn in a couple of weeks. It truly is the best time of the year!

Besides, if you want to hear some real bitching you should listen to all these Bama Fans up here whine about their team winning.

Seriously!

titoabad1, gyver, StaceyO and 3 others like this.
  2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I agree with you. Let's see this thing through. Have our team's back.

Temper our expectations.

But yet hope, and expect that we're going to beat somebody this year, and mess up their season.

Football season is too short and goes by way too fast.

Maybe this loss is just what Coach needed to see that changes must happen.

gyver and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Eh, could be worse. At least we aren't Michigan fans.

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Thanks for posting this. We gotta stay positive.

Geaux Tigers!

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Moostate is not good. This is yet another attempt at deflection. They will be beaten by at least 3 SEC West teams not shitting the bed.

fanatic likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Starting with aTM in 2 weeks. No way that secondary can stop Kenny Hill

7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

You must've taken a wrong turn. This is the cooler heads room. Optimism and good vibes are your currency here. Come, take a load off.

[​IMG]

titoabad1, Tiger420, tirk and 2 others like this.
  8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

unfortunately, our mood doesnt affect how the team plays. if you want, be pessimistic and feel good about it.

Bengal B and furduknfish like this.
  9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

You Guys can say what you want, but i can tell you this moo state's front seven are as good as there is in the sec....east or west, there offense is going to be one of the best also, their secondary, that's where the issues are going to arrise, going in to last week moo states defense, rush defense #8, Pass defense #111, so why do why line up and try to pound the rock for three quarters? your guess is as good as mine. The game plan is what i was dissapointed in more than anything, that and the lack of contain from the two inside takles and middle linebacker. Hopefully the coaching staff learns from their mistakes and starts mixing in some spread formations and air it out a little more. That's where the resst of the year will ride. Every team in the sec will put 8-9 in the box and dare us to throw......so then what do we do?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Call Ghostbusters?