The official "explain your favorie sports team logo thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

1)LSU
    2)any other LA.school
    3)whoever's playing bama

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Obviously, my Hawkeyes!!

My favorite SEC team is, of course, LSU.

The reason for it is pretty simple. I lived in Atlanta for many years and in Florida now for some 12 years. For SEC fans in both those states, LSU is just that nuisance "out west". For Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State, the Hawkeyes are their nuisance out west.
    And although you've proven to be a tad more of a nuisance in your conference than we have in our's... well... it's why I love it when you pee on their media-lovefest parades.

1 person likes this.
  3. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

Your modesty is not warranted. Your Hawkeyes have done their fair share of micturating on the B10 lately. Their last second win in East Lansing was one of the more heartbreaking games for Spartan fans.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

That's cool that you were treated well by Birmingham folks, but any city you went to would have done the same. But coming to an LSU forum and waving the Bama flag like a dickhead is not doing those Birmingham folks any favors.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

My Dad (Jay P Touchard) was Born and Raised in Lafitte, LA...actually lived on Touchard LN.

After my papa's tug boat business went south, they joined the rest of my family on the west bank, in Marerro, LA - New Orleans. So LSU Football has run thru my blood for years.

He eventually moved to Houston for Work.....Unfortunately, Growing up I was too In Love with Warren Moon and my Houston Oilers to ever take an instrest in the Saints, but they came in a close 2nd, and now I obviously support the Texans.

Oh Ya, & I LOVE THE ROCKETS!!!!

6. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Syracuse because it is my hometown. I grew up watching a lot of great games both in person and on TV. Hard to imagine that we used to regularly compete with, and defeat, Miami and Virginia Tech. We will be back though. I'm extremely high on the team this year and expect us to shock a lot of people. I love to talk about SU sports but I try my best to keep it away from this forum and on my own SU forum.

LSU, for me, is a recent addition as regular posters probably know. I just started this week. I'd never even been out of the eastern timezone before last week, let alone Louisiana, BR, or LSU. LSU sports was a big reason I wanted to come here,though. I'm hoping that the team can get everything into place and challenge for a national championship.

7. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

LSU first and foremost and forever, any sport.

The Saints.

Notre Dame (THAT'S RIGHT) sometimes, though not often lately, because my sister went there back when Lou wasn't senile.

The Ravens and Orioles, because I live in Baltimore, a city that I love.

The 49ers, when Joe Baby played.

Maryland Terps, because The Turtle went there.

The Cleveland Indians, because Major League is funny as hell.

Arkansas when they are not playing LSU because my nieces/nephew go there.

Any team (for the most part) with LSU players on them.

I will always hate Bama...going back to the 70s and Bear...one of the best days of my life was the 80s 20-10 win. Likewise, I will always hate Kentucky because of their cheating ways in basketball...one of the next best days of my life was when that video tape to Chris Mills opened pre-delivery and the employees of whoever was couriering the tape had to record the package's contents $$$.

So...uh...I love teams I have a personal bond with, and if family goes to a school, then I'm a fan. The only exception to that rule are my mother and father in law... [FONT=&quot]MIL went to USC, FIL to Kentucky...there's not enough familial love in the world to transcend those two colleges :hihi: .[/FONT]

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

LSU needs no explanation.

Red Sox, well it's like this.

as a kid I was a Braves fan out of necessity. They were the only team to ever play on TV down here.
    then came the strike in '94-'95.
    i turned my back completely on Major League Baseball for several years.
    i casually observed who was winning through the newspaper, but never watched any games on TV.

Then September 11 happened, and I was drawn to follow and watch the playoffs that year. Was a great postseason to watch. Lots of drama. even as a longtime Yankee hater, watching them win game 4 the way they did was something special for that city.
    The following year, I started watching the post season again, and once again, it was a great one. Good enough, that i was hooked on MLB once again.

so, in '03 i decided i would pony up the extra cash to get the MLB ExtraInnings package through DirecTv. EVERY game was now available to me.

So instead of settling on the Braves, I could now pretty much choose to follow whoever I wanted. Found out Todd Walker was the 2nd baseman in Boston.

Started watching their games, and fell in love with the team with a cast of characters that would eventually become know as the "idiots".
    A scrappy bunch of goofballs that seemed to not know or care a whole world existed outside of the ballpark they were in that night.
    Fork over the money for Extra Innings, and watch the majority of their games every year since.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Alabama since childhood, the fact they happen to have the most NC (53) is just a coincidence.

New York Yankees since the Reggie Jackson era and I'm embarrassed by all their championships. But again, just a coincidence.

Finally, that takes us to the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'm from the area and not wanting to totally alienate all of my kin folk, gravitated to the Steel curtain. Who knew they would become the all time Superbowl champions. Again, I'm thinking coincidence, but at this point, I'm starting to wonder.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

BR boy, started attending games when I was 7, went to :lsup:

Football, basketball, baseball, track meets, gymnastics.

My screen name says why I'm here.

Met Johnny U. in 1965 in BR, was a Colts and Orioles fan.

Always liked the Saints when they came along in '67 but was always a Colts fan first, until '83.
    Now I hate them bums.

Lakers fan since '69, before they ever won a championship in LA.

My 3 favorite pro athletes of all time, because of their class, character, and toughness:

Johnny Unitas - Baltimore Colts
    Jerry West - Los Angeles Lakers
    Brooks Robinson - Baltimore Orioles

All three could be considered the best ambassadors of their respective sports.