The official "explain your favorie sports team logo thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

when did the steelers start using the pirates logo?

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Grew up a Saints fan (in the stadium for the very first game in 67). Became an LSU fan when I attended. And, woe is me, an Astros fan. Got relatives there but went to games back in the Jose Cruuuuuuz era.

1 person likes this.
  3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Thanks man, They were right beside each other in the box, honest. But to be fair, back when Stargell and "we are family" were winning it all, I enjoyed the Pirates.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I was raised on the Dallas Cowboys. I actually root for the Saints over the Cowboys but that just started a couple of years ago. I also grew up loving Duke Basketball and Notre Dame Football (I was a kid, so sue me). I have grown out of notre dame football and absolutely hate them but I still root for Duke Basketball.

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

LSU, needs no explanation
    NO Saints, same
    Another LSU because there is no Liverpool icon

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am a hockey fan and I live in Dallas

Cubs. Well grew up watching the cubs on wgn since it's all we had then. So I became a fan. Been one ever since and regret it til this day ;-)
    It's a hard life being a cubs fan

1 person likes this.
  7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Myself and both of my parents graduated from LSU, and I was born and raised in Atlanta.

That about covers it.

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

LSU has been my favorite for ever. The Saints for ever. The Steelers ever since Bradshaw went up to be their qb.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Gaaaah Kent Hrbek! :po::po:

I have hated the Twins with a passion ever since he pulled Ron Gant's leg off the bag in the 1991 World Series.

I've been a Braves fan since I can remember. My dad is from Atlanta, so whenever we went up to visit my grandparents, we would almost always catch a game. My first MLB game was Braves and Dodgers in 1986 in the old Fulton County Stadium. Been a Braves fan ever since.

My LSU and Saints fandom doesn't go back as far. Mobile is a Saints town, so I guess once I started keeping up with the NFL, they were the most likely choice. I somehow escaped my dad's influence on that one, him being a Falcons fan. I didn't really become the passionate fan that I am now until I lived in Louisiana. My love for LSU started when I decided to attend for school and has grown since.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The first two are self-explanatory.

I've lived in the DFW Metroplex since 1997, and after 6 or 7 years of actively hating the Cowboys, while at the same time being inundated with Cowboys coverage during football season, I finally gave up and just became a fan.