The official Les Miles appreciation thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 4, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS Staff Member

In his 9th season at LSU, the Tigers have been in national championship contention talk in 5 of the previous 8 seasons:

2005: Going into the SEC CG, LSU needed a Texas or USC loss to possibly sneak in along with a win over GA
    2006: An excruciating loss to Auburn early in the season (official's blown no call) prevented us from being in contention
    2007: National Champions (undefeated in regulation)
    2010: Needed an Alabama upset over Auburn and a win over Arkansas and then possibly jump over non BCS and undefeated TCU to sneak in
    2011: Undefeated in the regular season in the SEC (a rarity)
    2012: An excruciating loss to Alabama, LSU probably goes on to win it all with a win

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

May not be the brightest penny in the fountain, but the mf'er wins football games.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. islstl

Yep.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

As far as I'm concerned, beat Bama and all is forgiven.

5. islstl

I agree. Unless Bama sneaks into the championship for a 3rd straight year with a loss.

6. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Good thread. Check this perspective out:

On the way home I'm hearing all this "fire Will Muschamp" bitchin' that's all over the radio around jax this week.

But one host challenged a caller asked people if they knew what Urban Meyers record was at UF before Tebow showed up? (14-12)

What I thought about was how impressive Les has been WITHOUT top flight QB's. Now THATS impressive.

Honestly try to imagine where the LSU program would be if we got a hold of Mettenberger the same year GA got Murray. Imagine Mett being a 5th year senior and 5-year starter for LSU this year like Murray has been.

7. islstl

They were 9-3 in 2005. Not sure where he got that stat.

They were 7-5 after Tebow left in Urban's last season. So 16-8 overall without the Timster.

fanatic likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'd rather have had Cam Cameron since 2011 than Mettenberger as a freshman.

stevescookin, Herb and LSUDad like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Muschamp pretty much sucks and lack of qb is one of Miles' flaws, not strengths. Imagine what he would have done with a qb! Where are we headed next season?

10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Everyone who bitches about miles never offers up an available upgradable replacement, he wins a lot of games, keeps us in the mix every year for a championship, yes he's an idiot at times......and he's our idiot, I'll keep him. :)

orlandotiger, Herb and LSUDad like this.