The Official LSU at UGA Gamethread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 28, 2013.

1. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I'm wondering why we're throwing this all on Chavis ... did you not see the blown coverages and YOUNG defense not communicating properly?

2. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I agree P&G. I was like WE GOT OUR STOP, now go and score and we can just trade scores. Unfortunately it was not to be.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm never talking bad about Big XII football again.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

And replace 2 WR's that will leave early, and some defensive guys that need to play another year IMO.

GregLSU likes this.
  5. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

LOL. My heart is still racing, and I was holding my breath. I had a styrofoam cup from Chik-Fil-A and by the end of the game it was completely chewed up, not a non bite mark on it.

6. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I had dejá vu all over again when I saw the yardage allowed by the D on GA's last drive; it was predictable that Murray--like McCarron--would eat that vacated territory with every play. If we wished to do a mini-version of the prevent, we had to disrupt every pass. We did not.

7. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

1, he's the defensive coordinator. It's his job to make sure they know the defense. 2, if they don't know all of the schemes they should be running a more aggressive man-man coverage so the players can use their physical skills instead of their heads.

Any QB that has played more than 2 years of HS football can pick apart a zone defense. The zone prevent only prevents you from winning.

8. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Okay yes he does need to make sure they know the defense etc, I'm saying the part about saying they can't do it without top flight athletes or the screams about his scheme being crap. It's obvious that a lot of those guys were loss, and I wholeheartedly agree with point 2, if the guys can't use their head and make the play, switch schemes.

But today, every big play was a blown coverage, and Murray and Georgia made them pay, a lot of teams wouldn't.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Chavis isn't putting his best people on the field. 31 doesn't belong out there.

We should have thrown the true freshman Beckwith out there since game #2 and let him learn.

He would have been better than Welter today. At least provide us with the size we need to compete in the front 7.

10. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I was hoping I would NEVER hear that name again, let alone see something close to his defense that required a PHD in Calc to play it!