The Official LSU at UGA Gamethread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 28, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

tell me how many of those 221 yards came after going up big? ya know, cuz that's what teams do

come on, caught ya again.

ya little devil, you

but seriously, since you never actually saw that game and are only going by some stat sheet, I can see where you are coming from

Richdog likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't think anyone could have predicted the mass exodus of underclassman, especially on defense. You're right about it hurting us. It's forcing kids to play who apparently aren't ready. Still, people like Johnson, Ferguson, and Rasco have experience, but have really been disappointing so far this year. If they could pressure the QB without having us rush with telegraphed blitzes, it makes the younger guys' jobs a lot easier.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Minter was such a beast as a Junior.

Unfortunately for us right now, he was TOO beastly.

If I had to have one player back, it would be him. He was the leader of our defense and made all the defensive calls.

fanatic and furduknfish like this.
  4. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

1 thing is for sure after last night. The offense and Zach are the real deal. We all new that the defense was going to take a hit this year. Most of us jumped on the CC band wagon after a few games. After yesterday's offensive performance though. I was pretty impressed. Georgia did an excellent job against our running game, especially in the first half. They wanted to make Zach beat them through the air. He did pretty damn good. We matched them score for score through the whole game. I told my gf that his game would be determined by whoever had the ball last. When we scored with 4+ minutes left I said we scored to fast. Defense let Murray and company march right back down the field. OL couldn't keep pressure off of Zach and we lost. Shit happens. Our team played lights out for 60 minutes. But. After watching arky/ A&M and the ole miss/ Bama games last night. I feel really confident we beat them. I've been predicting 38-24 LSU over Bama. Now I am feeling pretty good about that.
    I think yesterday's game was a preview of the SECCG. And we all know how rematch games can turn out. I honestly think we win the rest of our games.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    TigerTap likes this.
  5. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

The best summary is our offense is phenominal but our defense is crap. Total opposite of what we're used to.

Weve waited almost 6 years to have a formidable pass offense again and havent had such a underperforming and disappointing defense in a DECADE.

And OBJ. Its a love /hate relationship on a play by play timeline.

I dont blame the system, i dont blame the coaches ( except calling blitzes and prevent formations when they obviously wouldnt work). I blame the athlete's understanding of the scheme and their individual man/zone responsibility and the ability to adapt to audibles.

We shouldnt have lost that game. The offense wins the game and the defense has the bend but not break attitude. Didnt work against ala , didnt work against uga. It wont work against good teams and good passing qbs.

Im disappointed as im sure everyone is. Im also a realist and know those mistakes arent fixed in a few weeks. So kiss ALA to a loss. All we can do is hope to not lose close ones to am, arky, fl, and ol miss.

If im an o coordinator. Id play trips formations against LSU and id win by 50.

Hate me for being negative but thats not my point. Its to bring light to the problems with no constructive ways to solve them.

6. fanatic

I am worried about the A&M game. Their offense is for real. If we can't stop Ga, when they have a more traditional attack, how are we going to stop A&M. Their defense does suck too though, so it will probably be another shootout, with the last one with the ball winning. One good thing is that we have a bye week prior to the game, so we have extra time to prepare.

gyver likes this.
  7. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Arky did hang 33 PTs on them. 282 passing and 201 on the ground.

fanatic likes this.
  8. fanatic

That's a good sign because I don't think Ark is that good. They only managed 24pts at home to Southern Miss, who has lost 16 games in a row; including 60-7 last night to Boise St. Running the ball, chewing clock, and keeping their offense off the field is the best way to beat them.

gyver likes this.
  9. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

That's the best game I've seen Georgia play since the eighties.

Nobody should be getting down on the players or the coaching staff; LSU played one hell of a game in a hostile environment and almost came away with a W. Too bad somebody had to lose that one; it was a classic SEC heavyweight struggle for the ages. Let's see how the players respond the rest of the way.

StaceyO, furduknfish and TigerTap like this.