The Official LSU @ Bama Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 26, 2013.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Yes.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Damn, people. We will play Bama tight. We always do, even when we're over-matched. Many of you seem to be forgetting that.

And you're using the freakin' Furman game as a point of reference? Why? We played those mofos a week after losing any hope of the BCSNCG. None of us gave a shit about that game, and guess what? Neither did the team. Big freakin' deal. When we finally put on our big-boy pants, we shut them down and put them away.

We may win, or we may not--but blown out? Much more unlikely than us winning would be.

The times I've watched Bama this year, I've seen a team that is very prone to fumbling and that it getting by with pretty favorable scheduling, actually.

Will we need to play our best game to beat them? Absolutely.

Is it impossible to beat them? Absolutely not.

Quit being crybabies (who mask that by calling themselves realists). I don't even know what else to say.

cajdav1, xlnsports, VampMuse and 6 others like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So it has been written...,So Stacey has spoken.

4. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

Forget that Furman game, people. Anyone who expected max enthusiasm for that entire game is being somewhat unrealistic.

LSU will be pumped for the Bama game, as usual, and they will play them hard. Right now they need a break to rest up, heal, and get refocused.

I am confident come 11/9, LSU will show up to give Bama all it can handle.

5. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

All I can say is it will be a close one. It could go either way.

6. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Agree and ... I'm hopeful that LSU will give Bama MORE than it can handle!

gyver and Herb like this.
  7. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

You can see why Saban has always preached maximum effort and not depended exclusively on using emotional hype to get his teams to play at a high level.

After that Ole Miss fiasco, you would think this team would have a little pride and fire in their belly to come out strong and make a statement but they were flat from opening kickoff.

Teams reflect the attitude of their coach and it's clear that Miles is on cruise control and has been for a while. After the first INT, I've never seen a team at any level, look so dead and uninspired. There wasn't one player, coach or waterboy trying to get the team motivated.

Miles isn't hungry and the team isn't hungry. Anyone who is at the games in person can see it. It's a rudderless ship adrift at sea.

I know there is the group that can't stand to hear anything negative about LSU and Miles but it's reality. I'm not talking about Miles record or anything in history, but what is taking place right now.

lsufan52, shane0911 and Richdog like this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Lsu being flat with little to play for when all their team goals were lost was super predictable. All teams are flat at given points of a season. Add those tedious lost goals to the list and a furman, there was no other possible result. I keep trying to explain this each season but its always lost on most.

LSU is not a very good team despite its lofty ranking. Is this les' responsibility? Yes. Blame him for the horrible defense and bad oline play. Despite its lack of motivation, we still piled up over 700 yards and won by over 30. Still we aren't a very good team.

This playing for the uniform and beating the man in front of you is all bullshit. Lsu players come to lsu to win the sec, compete for the nc and or a major bowl game. Once that's lost it's close to impossible to keep focus especially against opponents like last night.

les gets blame for ole miss and Uga. Not furman. This shit happens all the time when teams need a half to wake up. It's why football is unpredictable if you fail to see this. Most people think you suit up, get automatically motivated and win. Doesn't work that way. Never will. Rudy was a movie based on a fictional football team, notre dame.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's fair criticism.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hyperbole. It's a rebuilding year and still LSU is the #11 team in the country. The offense is hitting on all cylinders and the defense is improving. Les is no different than he has been in any of our winning seasons. LSU has issues, what else is new . . . but "adrift at sea" is just absurd.

lsufan52, ROY_LA_CA and titoabad1 like this.