The Official NBA 2014-2015 Discussion (Predictions)

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 28, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

do you think this has anything to do with keeping KD.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not an OKC fan but who are they going to hire who is better? Calipari isn't taking the job. Avery Johnson just took the Bama job. Thunder will hire one of the yet to be fired coaches and Brooks will be hired by one of the firing teams. Just a merry-go-round.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think there is no doubt that KD and 0 both blessed the move, I don't see any way they make it without the consent of either of them. See below

This is the million dollar question and ties into MM question above, if they allowed KD and Russ to hijack the team and they get to "approve" the firing of the HC then it would serve that they also get to "approve" the new hire. This is really bad Ju Ju if you ask me because we could end up with Kevin Ollie or some other "friend"

As for who is available, I like Van Gundy for the job but don't know that they will go get him. I am hearing that Thibodeau could be an option and would be an upgrade imo. Mark Jackson is available but doesn't really blow my hair back, Heard Billy Donavan is a consideration but I doubt he leaves Florida. I'm also hearing that Rick Carlisle is in play and that would be HUGE, I would love that move but I think there is very little chance of pulling that one off.

Bottom line is, as @LSUDad has said over and over, you don't make this move without having something working in the background. I would imagine that the line to coach a team with 2 of the best 5-7 players in the NBA right now and can just about coast to 50 wins isn't a short one. Brooks was a complete idiot and it shouldn't be tough to find at least an equal replacement.

There has been a few teams saying they wanted him long before he got the ax today. Watch what happens with them, lets see what Brooks does without the superstars he had covering up his shortcomings for this long.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Of that list you want thibodeau and its not close. Pray the Bulls are that stupid and they are.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

no they are not that stupid and plus he wouldnt fit into that culture.

6. tirk

Oh they were considering it mid-season. Fit schmit.

7. shane0911

He would work here and get them to play some damn defense. I'd be fine with that hire.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The only way OKC has any shot at all at Thibodeau is if the Bulls fire him. How far do the Bulls have to advance in the playoffs for him to keep his job?

9. shane0911

May have to win it all

10. tirk

Really mm is right but I'd still like to see it. Thibs is freaking hard-core old school and runs up minutes on players like its a summer league game. He would wear that team out except for the new agent 0.

Bulls probably aren't firing him once they get past the first round.