The Official NBA 2014-2015 Discussion (Predictions)

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 28, 2014.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Well at least he wasn't lying. I don't mind confidence and acknowleding what everyone already knows. Is there a rule against a player on the losing team winning the Finals MVP?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Jerry west was the last one. They were discussing it last week.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

There shouldn't be, this vote shouldn't even be close.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LeBron was the clear MVP. First player in NBA history to lead all players from both teams in points, assists and rebounds.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yet, his team lost. I'm OK with Curry but I could see giving it to Igoduala (sp) Other than Jerry West in 1969 only Bobby Richardson of the Yankees in the 1962 World Series and Chuck Howley of the Cowboys in 1970 got MVP while on losing teams.

6. shane0911

True, but if you look at it objectively LBJ is the clear winner of this award.

Lets say we take LBJ off the Cav squad what happens? Golden State in 4

If we take Curry off the Warriors what happens? GS Still wins, probably goes 6 or 7

Take LBJ off the Cavs and Curry off the Warriors? GS wins in 4

Take LBJ off the Cavs and Iggy off the Warriors? GS still wins in 6 or 7

See, you can take whomever you want off the warrior squad and the result would be the same, they 'd win a 7 game series. You take LeBron off the Cav squad and they have NO chance at all. This was a fucked up vote and I don't even like LeBron.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

If they go 7 games yes, but he quit at the end, His numbers will probably never be duplicated, I was in awe of his performance. But its a reason they havent given it to a player on a losing team since West.

8. shane0911

Yeah because they are silly. It says MO not MVPOWT I wish they would just go ahead and change it

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I agree, but let me pontificate on Lebron for a minute. When will people stop making excuses for how he operates. He may have been tired, but in the 4th he quit. He has no respect for his coach, he made the Wiggins trade happen because Wiggins wouldnt sign with the sports agency his friend owns. I have no qualms about him switching teams, but he is 2-4 in the finals and one miracle shot made by Ray Allen from losing that finals.
    he is the best player in the world, but too many excuses are made for this guy.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. shane0911

I'm not making excuses, hell I don't really like the guy but he is good. I didn't really watch a lot of the game so can't speak to if he quit or not but I could believe it. He has never been the killer Michael or Kobe used to be. My only contention is without him on that team Cleveland is done in 4.