The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree 100 percent with this post.

He should return kicks as well as punts, since he won't be an every down back. He can handle all of that.

Use him in the slot a lot as well as those quick pitch misdirection plays I spoke of.

As genius as Payton appears for the most part, he has been totally moronic in terns of using Bush.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Where was Payton before he got this job?

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

OC for Dallas (asst head coach, whatever) and before that the Giants.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

dude cant catch. this wasnt some anomaly sunday.

clearly thats where he can only be effective. probably because he feels safer near the out of bounds marker.

duhh. payton is still trying to justify his prodigy pick despite all the evidence to the contrary.

i mean, we've come to admit it was a bad pick no matter how great it seemed at the time.

and we were as gung ho about the selection as him.

if i recall, you owe charley casserly a handwritten letter of apology. and a job.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Uhhh, according to NFL.com, including Sunday's 2 fumbled punts (and that includes the muff), he now has a grand total of 3 fumbled punts in his career. I'd say that was some anomaly on Sunday.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I should have said problems holding onto the ball. he has 147 fumbles out of bounds in some form or fashion to go along with many recorded fumbles.

he folds quicker than an asian chick in a sweatshop getting paid per garment.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

going back to nfl.com, 15 career fumbles, 8 of which were lost. That's total stats, figuring rushes, receptions and returns. He has 697 career touches. So that's a fumble every 46 touches. Don't know what the league average is, but I'll grant, that seems like a lot. In the fumble statistic category, nfl.com has an OOB column, and lists RB as having 1.....1! fumble out of bounds for his career. So I don't know how they're evaluating that category, because I'm sure you'll say that can't be right, and I'm inclined to agree. One thing I'll say in defense of RB on the fumble subject (though this really bothers me about him), is that he has a bad tendency to lose the ball on contact with the ground, and the refs usually save him by ruling the play down by contact. This gives the illusion that he's fumbling more than he actually does, but I wish he'd get rid of that habit.

Reggie Bush: Career Stats

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I don't think we trade him but it would be foolish not to test the market with him. He may still have some good value. If you can get a high first and a third for him, I would take it. If you try to make it work for the next two years and it doesn't, he will have no value.

9. jrfayard

jrfayard jrfayard

Reggie had a bad game no doubt. Its hard for me to believe that fans really mean what they say about sending him out the door. I wrote the post about him being under appreciated and I will continue to stick by my boy. Reggie's biggest problem is that he always tries to hit the home run. I want to correct the contract situation though. He is under contract this year and two more so he's not going anywhere relax about that. he signed a 6 year deal in 2006. I blame alot of Reggie's productivity or lack of it on Sean Payton. In 2006 if you go back and look at the tapes, We would line Reggie up in the slot and Deuce in the backfield and either give it to Duece up the gut and fake the end around to Reggie or vice versa. What happened to that play calling I'd really like to know. It kept defenses on their heels. We haven't ran that formation for the last two years and it was deadly. Lets go Payton utilize reggie and this offense can be flat out unstoppable! Who Dat!

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

And how many runs for zero yards, plus he keeps putting the ball on the ground. He also stays hurt which is strange seeing how he runs out of bounds anytime someone gets near him. Time for the Saints to face it, Bush is a bust! Now he is in his contract year and no one other than Al Davis is senile enough to touch him.

Try and trade him for a 7th round pick if you're lucky, but I think that ship has sailed. The sad part is he will probably sign a huge contract with the saints and continue to disappoint at an outrageous price. If they would have shipped him out before the season they probably could have picked up a couple of picks in the middle rounds, plus saved a ton of money to sign a quality free agent. :(