The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think everyone needs to accept the fact that he was a little over rated coming out of college. He played in a weak defensive conference, i would venture to say that other than Auburn once or twice maybe, the best defense he ever played against before the NFL was in practice. Anyone who thinks that he was going to be some superstar in the NFL needs to hook it up and share some of that **** you are smoking. When people played USC they had to scheme against Leinart, White, Bush, Mike Williams, Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Byrd, etc etc, those defenses didn't have a chance, they lost what, 2 games in college one to Cal and one to Texas? If Bush would have been in the SEC i don't think he would have won the heisman, and i don't think he would have been that high a draft pick, because his stats wouldn't have been what they were, he wouldn't make near as many defenders look stupid, and he probably would have gotten hurt. Look at the USC guys that go pro in the skill position coming from pete carroll, how many of them have just lit it up in the NFL? What happened to Mike Williams? Steve Smith not that great, Lendale White is ok, Dwayne Jarrett? Matt Leinart cant beat out a fifty year old grocery bagger, Carson Palmer cant stay healthy, Bush cant stay healthy, any more? Mark Sanchez is going to be the real deal, i will concede that one.

This is why i think only defensive players and offensive linemen should be drafted in the first 2 rounds of the draft, unless there is an absolute freak, adrian peterson, matt ryan, larry fitzgerald. Great tailbacks can be found in mid to late rounds of the draft. The talent drop off from first round offensive and defensive linemen from first to 4th round is a lot greater than at the running back position.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

A little? That's like saying Nancy Pelosi is a little on the liberal side or Michael Jordan could play a little basketball. How about John Holmes had a little......well never mind you get the point.:grin:Saintslogo:thumb:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i didn't want to be too negative.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

You sound like the best "looking back" GM on the planet. I bet you could really put together a good team if you went back in time.:hihi:

5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

What you said in response to me:

What I said prior:

In an effort to disagree, you basically just restated what I said. :huh:

Well, no kidding, but honestly, who on Madden 2010 would give up that much for him? And if anyone would give up that much for him, the Saints should send about 5 extra players to the offering team just to alleviate the guilt they would have after the transaction.

6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Loaf of bread.... Reggie needs to do the little things and hold the ball correctly. I hope a $500 fine is imposed everytime the film shows daylight between him and the ball. I really fault the staff for not impressing upon him ball security as no improvement whatsoever has made in since his rookie year.

That being said, I'd like him on the team at a reasonable cost.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

good question.

too lazy to look up everyone, but here's the guys from his draft class (all drafted AFTER reggie) that get regular touches (FP= fumbles per)

• Laurence Maroney - 455 touches, 1 fumble, FP= 455
    • Joe Addai - 1589 touches, 4 fumbles, FP= 397.25
    • DeAngelo Williams - 679 rouches, 2 fumbles, FP= 339.5
    • LenDale White - 613 touches, 6 fumbles, FP= 102
    • Jones-Drew - 790 touches, 9 fumbles, FP= 87.7
    • Bush - 697 touches, 15 fumbles, FP= 46.46
    only person with even half as many fumbles as Reggie has almost 100 more touches than he does.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Dammit, you caught me. I was talking out of my ass a bit there as I really don't follow trade values etc. Just throwing out an example to make a point and apparently missed badly. I guess I need to play more Madden.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Before offering a new contract, the Saints needs to decide whether Bush is...

a) a star
    b) a starter
    c) a backup
    d) a special teams player

We can't continue to pay him as a star (a) if he's only going to be a (b), (c), or (d).

If he doesn't improve and find a place on this team, this may necessitate a "addition by subtraction" move.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He hasn't shown the ability to consistently be a,b,c or d. How much did they pay the dog that used to go out and get the tee after kickoff? Maybe he can do that.