The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

FETCH MONSTER!!!!

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

:hihi:Saintslogo:hihi:Saintslogo:hihi:Saintslogo:hihi:Saintslogo:hihi:

[​IMG]

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

The impact of Reggie Bush to this team cannot be measured by carries, yards, receptions. The fact that he's on the field means that a defense has to account for him because he is capable of turning every play into a touchdown. When a defense has to cope with a player like that, it makes then one step slower than the other skill players. Then you have the emotional boost he gives the fans and the city that is simply priceless, on and off the field. You don't hear people chanting "Pi-erre, Pi-erre" or "Lance Moore" even though both have better numbers than Reggie. He's an ambassador to the city, state and team. Until his arrival, you never saw a Saints player as an NFL marketing representative on the national level.

On the field, he's a luxury that most teams don't have and would kill for. Very few teams have a guy who can get the ball anywhere on the field and automatically have the edge on any defensive player.

I was very pleased to see Payton sending him downfield vs. the Lions in the passing game. I have always felt that Reggie was underused in the passing game, even though his first two years ranks second in NFL history in terms of most receptions (behind Colston). As soon as they start using him as a receiver who can play runningback instead of a runningback who can play receiver, I think that you will see the superstar emerge.

1 person likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This is a point I've been trying to make about Reggie since the grumblings started, and you stated it very well, MLU. Granted, I want Reggie to be more than the highest-paid decoy in the NFL. But the efforts that you can still see opposing defenses making to account for and stop Reggie when he's on the field indicate that he still is respected around the league, even if he's losing his fan base.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I believe this was the case during his rookie year but I believe it's overstated now. I didn't see many defenses changing their plans last year due to Bush. The Saints have far too many weapons for a defense to worry solely about Bush.

I would LOVE to see him do well but blaming the coaching staff is an excuse. The coaches don't force him to fumble...to avoid contact...to run backwards...to go down on initial contact...and to drop passes.

I agree they need to throw him short passes. He has proven he's not a NFL-caliber RB so instead of handing him the ball, throw it to him a few yards off the line.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

So, I guess when Reggie is injured, the offense will implode.

Not buying it.

7. MLUTiger

The first touchdown by the Saints is a classic example of the unspoken way that Reggie Bush affects defenses. He lines up wide and they fake an end around to him. The safety and CB (Asante Samuel) are looking in and keep an eye on Reggie who is on the other side of the field. Meanwhile, 6-4, 230 lbs Marques Colston walks between both of them and is wide open in the back of the endzone.

If Reggie Bush is not on the field for that play, Colston is blanketed.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

And now he fell on his shoulder and he is hurt oh boo hoo

9. MLUTiger

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Wow, that's some REALLY GOOD sh!t you're smoking. The impact of Bush is seen every time he touches the ball even when he doesn't fumble it. It was there to see in today's game. Minus 15 yards on a punt return. 10 jukes and no gain on another punt return. 3 straight runs from his own end zone where he is dancing like he's auditioning for the remake of dirty dancing. Two losses on those first two carries and what should have been called a safety on the 3rd. He would be a great addition to the Saintsations on the sideline, but a football player he is not. The team is much much better with him on the bench.

1 person likes this.