The Official "Trade Reggie Bush" thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Sep 14, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Who wouldn't trade Bush for Mario Williams straight up?

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree
    I know Bush had some bad plays today but how come people dont mention the positive effect on the offense and the positives he had in this game instead of constantly focusing on the negatives.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Give MLU time to smoke another one, I'm sure he'll bite.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

SOOO we are paying HUGE BIG TIMER money to a decoy!

5. TwistedTiger

Because there are very few positives and many negatives. It's really pretty simple.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Because he went to SC.

Of his $52 million dollar contract, approximately $20 million of it was money that will never be earned. He's still under his rookie contract meaning that by NFL standards, he's not making the big money yet. The Saints actually would have been paying more money for Deuce than Reggie right now had Deuce been kept on the roster.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

the fake end around to Devery works just as good.
    it would also work if you used Meachum

not quite
    they renegotiated his contract before last season
    if he's still on the roster at the end of '11, he'll get dam near all of that 20 mil

he got a 4.5 million dollar bonus this season for simply being on the roster, plus his near 3 million salary, this year costs the Saints 7 million
    next year his salary goes up to 8 million, then jumps to 11.8 mil in '11.

Scout.com: Saints Cut New Deal With Reggie Bush

8. TwistedTiger

You aren't serious are you? :huh: I think all of us are Saints fans and want the Saints to succeed. Bush living up to the hype would be huge and I'd love to see it. However he's been in the league a while now and never come close. In fact he seems to be going in the wrong direction completely. You seem to be just as confused about why Saints fans are down on Bush as you are on his contribution to the team. You're letting your personal feelings for a player cloud your view of reality. Just because you have a man crush on Bush doesn't make him a great player.

1 person likes this.
  9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Wrong.

It's not the coaches or fans fault Bush hasn't lived up to the pedestal you've placed him on.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I haven't placed him on a pedestal. My choice for that pick was AJ Hawk and still is. Reggie isn't nearly as poor of a choice as so many make him out to be.

Most people in the real world think that watching the game again is the same as watching game film, so I don't really a lot of weight into what Message Board Guy says. Payton has shown repeatedly that he's going to play the best person for the job, regardless of where they were drafted or how much they cost. Those actions alone should silence most fans, but for some reason they feel that they're more qualified to make those decisions despite not having access to the players.