The officiating was a God damn joke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 6, 2018.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Officials sucked because they picked their spots where they hurt us the most; especially the phantom hold on Charles that wiped out a huge play to Moreau. But another huge factor was the dropped passes. Even with shitty refs, I thought that was the difference. They finally came back and bit us, like we knew they would if it didn't get cleaned up. Maybe the entire receiving corp needs new specs, ala Dwayne Bowe circa 2007.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Whatever Sullivan is doing, and I think he’s had improvement out of his group, he needs to do more. Some of these guys must be dumb as a box of rocks.

Richdog likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

WR coach should be replaced.

Richdog, lsu-i-like and GregLSU like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We let Fla score with 8 minutes left to take the lead, should we replace Aranda?

Brian likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Our wideouts have dropped far more passes than they have caught this season, as well as struggling at running their routes, and/or getting open. Is it a coaching problem or an athlete problem?

lsu-i-like and LSUTiga like this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You shouldn't have started this one. The refs didn't cost us the game. The Gators dominated us in every phase of the game.

Richdog, kcal, Brian and 4 others like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I would say its because of all new starting WR's with a new QB who has only 6 starts in his entire career and has only had fall camp to get trained and acclimated to E's offense and learn his recievers along with a new OC and a banged up OL. That may have something to do with what you are seeing. Just wonder what this offense will look like after this season is over and Jeaux and his recievers get to go through spring football with a healthy OL with added OL recruits and some new big time RB's and new big time WR's.

Just something to consider.

ROY_LA_CA and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Agree that the refs didn’t cost us the game, but @islstl is right, they were particularly bad in this game and costs us quite a few momentum plays. I disagree that FLA “dominated in every phase of the game.” If our WRs actually catch a few of those balls, we drive down the field for a game winning FG. When another team can win the game late, domination is not in the conversation. That’s just fan overreaction and being over dramatic.

Brian, fanatic and Rouxleaux like this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Saw them dominate our offensive tackles and saw them dominate us on mistakes made. If they were so dominate why did they have to score a TD with 8 minutes left in the game and hold on while our recievers dropped passes with a minute left to beat us? I wouldn't call that domination. Want to see domination watch any Bama game.

ROY_LA_CA and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Ol Mickey Joseph, on board for recruiting. Shoulda been fired last year, but the mafia wouldn’t allow. Hope our RB coach is less vestigial.