The Only Way I Would Ever Hire Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 26, 2017.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I hope not. When push comes to shove, she's a bit of a homebody, and that is why North Texas is her most likely destination at this point. It's far enough from home that she has to live there (about 40 miles), but it's close enough that she can come home whenever she wants.

I just picked her up from drill team camp today, and she was a little homesick after 4 days--probably didn't help that they were up practicing routines until 1:30 in the morning each day.

2. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Reminds me of Dinardo..........as good as his coordinators......three good seasons.........coordinators leave..........two dismal seasons. Should have made Aranda the head coach, at least he brings defense to the table. O is just so happy to be in his dream job.

StaceyO and TeamofSavages like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That entire statement is a prime example that you fail to grasp the whole picture. First How in the hell do you know that Oeaux is only as good as his coordinators? The fact that he was able to retain Aranda and hire Canada shows that he is making the right moves. Neither Aranda nor Canada will be here for long but when Aranda leaves to be DC in the NFL and Canada takes a college head job Oeaux can call on the fact that he knows almost everybody in football to hire their replacements. Not like Miles debacle with first the manner in which Chavis left and the subsequent hiring of Kevin Steele. And Miles keeping his buddy Cameron around was as bad as Dinardo keeping Lou Tepper. When if comes time to hire and fire any assistant Oeaux is capable of finding the right man.

Yes, Oeaux is happy to be in his dream job. He has paid his dues since the Ole Miss fiasco and people like you don't believe a person can learn from his past mistakes.
    Can you tell me the name of one prominent coach who was run out of Cleveland in 1965. Who would hire somebody like that? I guess Bob Craft knew something the other owners didn't when he hired Bill Belichick.

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

blue_box-family_size.png but I don't think he owns it.

StaceyO and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Hang on @Bengal B. Chavis leaving and hiring Steele was because of what Alleva did, not Miles. Miles tried to get Aranda then but Alleva put handcuffs on him. Chavis left because of what Alleva did with his contract - has that ever been settled? Miles has his faults, but those aren't part of them

KyleK, StaceyO, shane0911 and 2 others like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think anyone here believes Ed O is the next world beater of a HC. I just don't understand the laser focus of one to pile on him as if it were his fault that he got the damn job. Its not his fault that miles recruited and signed kids that weren't smart enough to pass college, or to stay off the hippie lettuce or just weren't good enough to hack it in big boy football.

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good riddance to "third and Chavis" He was a great DC until the last 2 minutes.

CajunlostinCali, KyleK and StaceyO like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He could just surprise everybody. He wasn't my first choice but after Jimbo played Alleva once again I was glad he got the job over the available candidates who would have realistically actually taken it. Once you get past the names of Jimbo or Tom Herman none of the asswipes throwing feces at Oeaux will answer when I ask them who their choice would be.

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Because there isnt an answer, unless you were going to hire Cliff Kingsbury or some MAC guy (which id have been okay with depending on who it was) there are a few out there but not nanes that the delusional would have been okay with. Time to buckle up and go for a ride.

lsu-i-like and Bengal B like this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My problem with the whole thing was not conducting an actual, full-on coaching search. Three candidates? Maybe three interviews (and maybe not...did Fisher even interview)? Saying they were blown away with O's binder? Is this 4th grade in 1979? A binder?

O may end up being fine, and if he is, I will shut my mouth about the whole thing. But count me as very leery until he has a season or two under his belt. Maybe he's learned something since the "wild boys" crap at Ole Miss. But who really knows for sure?

Let's just hope that Aranda still looks as good this year after losing some terrific first-round talent to the NFL, and that Canada is able to do something behind a bare bones offensive line--with Etling (I guess) at QB.

Oh, and I hope Herman burns in the dumpster fire that is UT, and that we are sometime hence laughing at having ever wanted him.

GiantDuckFan, kcal, shane0911 and 2 others like this.