The other side of the recruiting coin is player development.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBSJD, Jan 5, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I almost want to say he hits top speed faster than Shepard does as well.

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Watch film of Russell Shepard in HS and then tell me what LSU did that looked like that...............Sumlin did watch Kerrville Tivy film and made his offense fit his QB, that did not happen at LSU with RS.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Sorry. I just cannot buy that RS was an earlier version of JFF.

4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

The tigers had no one on the offensive staff capable of designing plays for RS to contribute. They didnt even really want to try. I do think there were some circumstances that made it difficult for the coaching staff to do so.

I believe the coaches probably didnt want to take snaps away from the QBs in practice, because they figured they needed all they could get. I also think the drops and wasted timeouts hurt RS along with him voicing his displeasure with lack of playing time. Add the fact that there were plenty of RBs to share time with in the back field, and things get difficult.

But on the same token, if I have someone like RS, I am thinking of ways to get the ball in his hands. I think coaches are responsible for getting the best out of their players, and should use their abilities any way possible for the benefit of the team.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't know Kal-El I think Crowton was THE coach to design RS plays.

6. Kal-El012

Maybe so, but I didnt see it. I thought Gonzales would have helped out, but he did zilch.

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It didn't help him that WR coach has been a revolving door the last few years.

8. Kal-El012

Further, I don't think we really saw a real Crowton offense at LSU. And I still believe it is because of Les that we didnt.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Since the '07 title we have seen basically the same BS play calling. There is one common denominator- Miles! I dont see how anyone can put so much of the blame on Crowton or Stud when there is one constant, Miles. Miles needs to hire a legit OC and give them full reigns. He also needs to find where his Lesticles are hiding.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Maryland saw a real Crowton offense for a whole season. Twas a thing of beauty. 10th out of 12 ACC teams in scoring offense, with the former ACC Rookie of the Year at QB.