(The Other) Tigers in Final Four!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Mar 30, 2008.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Since the purple and gold Tiger hoops team is in a state of limbo, and since I'm one of a huge LSU Alumni group who live here in the Bluff City, I've got to give a shout out to Derrick Rose, Chris Douglas-Roberts and the Tigers of Memphis for earning their trip to the Final Four.

They've got a great chance to win it all. Joey Dorsey is the key. If he can stay out of foul trouble and neutralize UCLA's Kevin Love, the Memphis Tigers can make it to the finals and play UNC, who I think will handle the Kansas Jayhawks.

It's exciting here in Memphis! Go Memphis Tigers!

It can only be hoped that whoever is in charge in Baton Rouge can hire a good AD and a hoops coach the caliber of John Calipari, so we can see the LSU Tigers back in the Final Four before long!
    :eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

They have a good team. Looks like they'll be amongst tall timbers in the final four. Number 1 seeds galore.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Considering the other three are UNC, Kansas, and UCLA...I'm definitely a Memphis fan this week.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Mastermind will be pleased!

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

just made it back in town from Houston from the tournament had a great time. Was basically a home game for Texas but Memphis took the crowd out of it. Had alot of open seats though both nights. Did anyone see that move Rose put on DJ at the beginning of the game. That game had the two best point guards in the country imo.

6. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

I am very happy for Memphis. All the experts were just waiting for them to crumble in the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, and they flat out dominated Michigan State and Texas.

I may have said this in another tread, but my father-in-law lives in Memphis and is a season ticket holder. Beings that our basketball Tigers stink at the present moment, I have had the other Tigers to fall back on. It was kind of an easy transition beings that I have family who are huge Memphis basketball fans.