The Oxford Debacle/ The Mississippi Meltdown

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Nov 22, 2009.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

I don't hate Les Miles, but excellence is not his forte.

The championships LSU won in 2007 were the result of terrific seniors (Flynn, Hester, Doucet, Dorsey, Highsmith, C.Jackson, Zenon, Steltz), all of whom were originally recruited and coached by Saban, whose current team is on the verge of a second straight undefeated regular season.

And even in 2007, LSU wasn't very fun to watch. Coaching arguably cost the Tigers two games that year (Kentucky and Arkansas), and almost two more (Auburn and Alabama). Only luck and very experienced, gutsy players on the field produced the :crystal:.

Miles's luck ran out on Saturday, November 21st, 2009. Many only suspected his incompetence until the final minute of the game in Oxford. Now there's indisputable, indelible evidence that he is not qualified to lead the LSU football program. (And there is video evidence that he lied to the public when he claimed he didn't tell Jefferson to spike the ball.)

What happened at Ole Miss will be a part of LSU lore for decades. Unfortunately, Tiger fans won't remember the Oxford Debacle as fondly as they do Billy Cannon's punt return or the Blue Grass Miracle.

Instead, the Meltdown in Mississippi will be remembered as the beginning of the end of the Les Miles era.

2. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

Oh, I don't know T.C. Miles will probably roll out his AR kansas taunt this week and everybody here will talk about what a ballsy coach he is. Memories are short.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The Mississippi Meltdown .... has a certain devastating ring to it!

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Mississippi Meltdown has a ring to it alright. It's a great description of what happened, tc, but I hope it doesn't become a game equivalent to "battle of the boot" and such :tigerhead

5. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

I would hope he can get this team ready and beat the Hogs convincingly. After this devastating loss, it's hard for the players to come back without replaying the scenerios in their heads all week. Miles needs to get this team focused on the Hogs because losing to them 3 yrs in a row won't be pretty for Miles!!

This Ole Miss game stings because it's the game I look forward to every year and the Tigers should have won.

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Were you watching something I was not, they got their butts beat. The clearly better TEAM won.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Coach Miles.....

YouTube - Janet Jackson- What Have You Done For Me Lately

nah im kidding, but Crow Must Go. I know Crowton will get the blame, and honestly i think alot of it falls on Miles, because he should have took control of the playbook and ran the ball after the long WR screen to Lafell. I started a thread earlier this week asking if it would set Jefferson back and the offense back having a new OC come in, but someone's head has to roll for what happened yesterday and it aint gonna be Miles.

So it got started earlier this year, gained some momentum throughout the season, and now its officially on and i think the whole LSU nation is aboard.

CROW MUST GO.

8. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

Yep, fact is the Tigers were outplayed throughout the game and that's what most people forget. We were fortunate to be in position to win at the end but unfortunate to have CLM at the controls. Miles is the head coach, making $3.8 MM per. He, and only he is responsible for letting this team be in the situation it is, an also-ran in the SEC West.

9. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

I did watch the whole game and LSU did get handled by the Rebs, but in the end they clawed back and were in a position to win the game, which failed because of incompetent coaching, so in hindsight they should of won!!