The Parnas Tapes Leaked... Is Trump In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bill Richardson, Jan 17, 2020.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That's is where I was last election, too! I've about given up hope!

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Against my better judgement:
    Shane, what are your thoughts:
    Case 1: Suggesting to an ally, through various channels, that they needed to conduct an investigation, prior to getting military aid, an investigation that could potentially be of personal benefit to the president. (I'm ignoring that the whole deal (the desired investigation) had been discredited by US Intel agencies -- giving you a pass on that one)
    a. Did not happen
    b. Did happen but not a problem

Case 2: Refusing to hand over documents related to impeachment to the Congress. (You know, the three equal branches under the, what is it, oh yeah, the Constitution)
    a. Did not happen

Bonus: Non-Impeachable Fun Facts
    Case 3. Does it concern you that the President of the United States told Indian prime minister "It's not like you've got China on your border." (You do not need to comment on the fact that according to witnesses, the Indian prime minister's eyes "bulged out!")
    a. Did not happen

Case 4. In a 2017 meeting Trump told the Joint Chiefs (and other civilian military leadership) “I wouldn’t go to war with you people,” and “You’re a bunch of dopes and babies.”
    a. Did not happen

I am not interested in engaging in yet another argument, please note I am not trying to change your mind, but wanted to give you a chance to respond to some specifics as you had asked! Geaux Tigers!

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Keyword "equal". That is why we have the SC. In this case, neither is wrong. Congress can ask for whatever it wants. President doesn't have to supply everything. Especially considering the partisan and leaky nature of the House.

Also, there is no such thing as obstruction of congress. 100% made up.

If True not a huge deal. majority of Americans couldn't name and locate the States in our own country.

Both can be true.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@shane911 obstructing Congress and abuse of power are basically value judgments at this level. This is similar to rulings on obscenity. Every legal opinion agrees obscenity isn’t protected by the 1st amendment but no one agrees what constitutes obscenity. Therefore we have 50 different state laws defining obscenity.
    In the case of obstructing Congress and abuse of power it’s Congress’s position to define them...and the senate’s duty to judge. That’s why I said Pelosi screwed up and Trump won’t and likely shouldn’t be convicted on those two articles.
    Now what are the things he’s done that deserve impeachment and conviction?
    1) Violating the emoluments clause. He has used his office to enrich himself from countries and businesses both foreign and domestic. I’m sure you could easily discover he overcharged for use of his facilities. He ordered Pence to stay in his Scottish resort over 100 miles from the meetings he was attending. He’s also had servicemen stay at his properties rather than the standard military approved places. He has openly advertised for them and there’s evidence that it’s well known to get better treatment from him one should patronize his properties. This has been blatant and explicit and a direct violation of the constitution.
    2) obstruction of justice during the Mueller investigation. It’s pretty clear that the only thing that saved him from indictment is the Justice Dept finding the a sitting president shouldn’t be indicted. Again from the public evidence it was a clear and straight forward option.
    It would have been interesting to see what the Republicans in the senate would have done faced with those charges.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Do you have a YouTube video of this, as proof - like this one:

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Here's the thing @HalloweenRun and @Winston1 that you guys don't understand.

1. The President, no one else, not the congress, not the Senate not the SCOTUS not anyone else sets foreign policy and he can do it however the fuck he wants to. How much money did Obama give to Ukraine? I'll go ahead and answer it for you, it's none. At least not for military defense. SO it really doesn't matter if Congress said the Ukraine could have ALL the gold in Ft Knox (if there is any) Trump could have said "Fuck you they aren't getting it" and the ONLY reason he has to give is "I said no"

The investigation, you guys crack me up. So because Joe Biden is running for President he gets a pass? You both know better. Quit swallowing the liberal line and think for yourself. It doesn't take much to figure out that Ukraine was overrun with corruption and it's the job, the fucking responsibility of the POTUS to say "hmm, maybe I should find out what's going on here before I send them all of this money" hell I'd want to impeach him if he didn't do that!

So...the Joint Chiefs got their feelings hurt. I wouldn't go to war with them either if that's the case. Still not impeachable

Something about India or whatever else you said, SO WHAT, he isn't a politician and he doesn't act like one. That is what got him elected. We are the big fish in the pond and its about damn time we act like it. You two magoos got your lunch money taken almost every day at school didn't you?

The emoluments clause. Oh @Winston1 you really are a magoo. Adam Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi, AOC, Waters et al. If you put all of their ears together you would make a tunnel but they aren't that dumb. Good grief you are so torn up you just reach and reach. Do you have a 401k? If you do go take a look at it.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  7. shane0911

What I just said there is Trump hasn't done anything that is outside of constitutional limits, nothing! He hasn't broken any laws! He is guilty of pissing off liberals and that's a good thing.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

What you just said was nothing but that is what I expected. You have no answer but bluster and bs. Talk about broke Dick arguments what you posted up there takes the cake.
    I’ll keep posting facts but don’t expect me to bother engaging your empty insulting responses. Try seriously just try.

9. shane0911

I laid out the facts, that you don't like them doesn't make them untrue. Go read the constitution. Tell me, who did barry get approval from before shipping 150b to iran? The president sets foreign policy. Just the way it is

Oh and the obstruction crap. It is 100% within his right to have the supreme court rule on "privilege" issues.

Do you not know that the libs withdrew their subpoenas because they didn't want to wait then tried to charge Trump with obstruction for exercising, wait for it...his fucking constitutional rights!

Its absurd to not understand how elementary this is. You don't like them but facts they still are.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If Trump broke laws, how come the Dems failed to cite them in the impeachment?

US laws have codes to reference. They referenced none.

mctiger and shane0911 like this.