The PI that was never called

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LafTiger, Oct 21, 2007.

1. burningitup

burningitup Founding Member

Riverboat Gambler? If he sat across the table from me I would shoot his a** under the table cause you can bet he is cheating

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

You will not see any offensive lineman at LSU hitting a man's knees while engaged. F Hugh Nall, and F Chaz Ramsey.

The officials had plenty of time to look at it and obviously he was not far back enough to be officially "Not on the line". You would have to look at the rule book to ascertain that.

3. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

spoken like a fan of a team with the refs in their back pocket. give me a break.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Illegal formation calls cannot, supposedly, be reviewed.

5. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Your point on officiating in general is well taken. However it appers that SEC refs have just given up on calling OLs for holding. A DL has to get practically get his jersey torn of or hauled down to get a flag this season.

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

South Florida burned us on returns, and I still don't know what he was thinking.....

7. LafTiger

LafTiger Freshman

if you've ever played WR, almost all of the time a receiver will ask the official on his side if he's OK on the line...the official will say yes or no...

Most likely (assumption here, but based on past fact) that's why the official on the PROPER SIDE OF THE FIELD TO MAKE THAT CALL, DID NOT.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

On AU's last TD drive, a play or 2 before the TD, Tyson Jackson was tackled by an O-lineman. No Call.

Not calling that PI when Byrd was in the endzone, I'm ok with. let the guys play. That one was nothing worse than what is seen on most plays down field.

You are correct, but at the time he checked off, Dickson was on the line. When Dickson left the line to go in motion, a receiver must take a step up to get on the line.