The Pig Trap

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by gynojunkie, Sep 12, 2020.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I have here posted a link to the above-titled article. The article is entertaining fo' schizzle!

Written in 2014 it is even more relevant today, given what is going on in the U.S.

http://taxicabdepressions.com/?p=1193

boar1.jpg

Where is "Mr. Wheeler" when we need him?

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I didn't read the whole article but I got the gist. I once gave an hour of my life to a guy who created a YouTube video where he orally played out the potential civil war before us, and it began for him with Trump's potential defeat this November. His first question was, will the gun-owning American population accept the results if there is a genuine fear that the incoming administration will go for a repeal of 2A? Both he and Mr Wheeler bring up the same point that I don't often hear made, and that is: how many of our LEO, Guardsmen and military will actually follow the order to confiscate guns, given that they all take an oath to defend the Constitution? The video guy also makes the point that, if a "rogue" administration were to try to use the military to confiscate guns, the actual number of boots on the ground that might be effective in that task is far lower than you would imagine. The Navy and Air Force are not going to be much use, and a fair percentage of Army and Marine forces are overseas and not likely to be brought home for this task. Take away further the large number of admin types who aren't going to be much good in a fight anyway, and you'll find the civilian gun toting population probably outnumbers their uniformed adversaries by a huge number.

gynojunkie likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For your sake I hope you have bought that gun you talked about a few weeks ago.

gynojunkie likes this.
  4. gynojunkie

Hmmmmm. I moved here from Libtard NY State. Lots of reasons but a big one was that I did not want to be stuck in that hostile shythole, weaponless, if it all went down.....

Now I am happy with my wepps. I also handload for my primary calibers (.223, .308, .45, .40).

shane0911, furduknfish and Bengal B like this.
  5. gynojunkie

mctiger, check out this very interesting study about the very scenario that you bring up:
    "The Mathematics of Countering Tyranny"

https://survivalblog.com/mathematics-countering-tyranny/

Imagine what might happen after a bunch of SWAT-style gun confiscations result in the loss of 1-2 Goblins per attack? Think they can do the math?

And, I have read that there are ~15M licensed hunters in the USA as of June/20. Are they not snipers?

(And, those are the ones who bothered to pay the fee; imagine how many are out there similarly equipped--but with the "fuck y'all" attitude about having to pay for a license to put meat on the table?)

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I have not, its been tough to get my wife on board.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Dude .... screw the wife and go get the gun . Even if you have to go store it in the safety deposit box or something cause she don’t want it in the house.

I actually am looking to get another hand gun, but I feel more comfy with my 300 win mag. I don’t want to take someone out, but it’s pretty accurate up to about 500 yrds. They tell me it is good for 1000, but hell, I can’t see that far.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i agree with the article above. there is no fucking way you can take the guns away from americans. even normal folks like my dad who is a moderate would empty his rifle into somebody that tried to take it. there are way way way too many people who would fight. no chance they could do it.

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Get the gun - but screw the wife first.

I have a handgun in my top nightstand drawer. But i also have a 12 gauge in the corner, a bit more than an arms reach, and buckshot in the nightstand. In an emergency i'd probably jump for the shotgun. I could have it loaded and ready to shoot in about 3 seconds or less after hearing a noise. That's my 'comfort' gun.

Of course, if i woke up to machete wielding antifa goons staring at me at the foot of my bed i'd quickly snap up the handgun.

Bengal B and onceanlsufan like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My shotgun stays loaded with buckshot

onceanlsufan, Frogleg and Winston1 like this.