The Pope goes to Louisiana

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StarscreamLSU, Sep 11, 2002.

1. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Old joke - but a good one..

On a tour of Louisiana, the Pope took a couple of days off his
    itinerary to visit a wildlife swamp area on an impromptu sightseeing trip. His 4X4 Pope-mobile was along the shore when there was an enormous commotion heard from the middle of the swamp. The entourage rushed to see what was making the noise.

Upon approaching the scene, the Pope noticed a hapless man in the water wearing a Tulane jersey who was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot alligator. At that moment an airboat containing three men wearing LSU jerseys roared into view from around the point. Immediately, one of the men took aim and fired a harpoon into the alligator's ribs, immobilizing it instantly. The other two reached out, pulled the Green Wave man from the water and using long clubs, beat the gator to death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi-conscious man into the boat along with the dead gator and prepared for a hasty retreat when they heard frantic shouting from the shore. It was the Pope summoning them to the beach. After they reached shore, the Pope praised them for the rescue and said, "I give you my blessing for your brave actions. I had heard that bitter hatred existed between LSU and Tulane, but now I have seen with my own eyes this is not true. I can see that your society is a truly enlightened example of explicit harmony and could serve as a model on which other states could follow". He blessed them
    all and drove off.

As he departed, the harpooner asked the others, "Who was
    that?" "That," one answered, "was his Holiness the Pope. He is in
    direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom. "

"Well," the Tiger harpooner replied, "he don't know nothing about
    catching gators. Is the bait holding up okay or do we need to get
    another one?"