The Positives from the UNC game.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Dmarzio, Sep 5, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Also saw Spencer Ware make a tackle on special teams.

2. TigerBrit

TigerBrit Founding Member

Hijacking, to promote my mental health

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Monaco]Positives? This wasn't as bad as the TN Monday night OT game. It wasn't quite as bad as the Ole Miss time-out game. But how many nationally televised debacles can our recruiting withstand?

I was at the NC State repeat State game in Raleigh wearing my gold LSU shirt, and was very well received. All the Wolfpack wanted was a UNC defeat of ANY kind. They were following the LSU game very closely; huge roar when the 7-0 LSU score was posted. Given their hospitality, I'm thoroughly embarrassed that we handed UNC a huge moral victory, and presented yet another humiliating episode in LSU coaching history. Not to take anything away from UNC, but we did repeatedly hand the ball back in 2H.

On the point of coaching, guess who is NC State D Coord? It's one Michael Archer. I wonder where Curlie is these days. And Fabio Capello? CLM has long ago taken his place among this caliber of coach. Was he too busy to make sure his RB had two hands on the ball with 1:29 left?

He may be a man of far greater integrity than some others, but he's squandered the talent that he & "others" have recruited. I'd rather be a UNC fan tonight, esp as I can plausibly argue that the last play of the game was D Holding, and that the onside kick was called correctly.
    [/FONT]

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Comments like this really anger me as an LSU fan. I'd always rather be an LSU fan.

And you can plausibly argue some calls that went our way? Great. We've gotten screwed by many calls over the years, and it usually evens out. I don't feel bad about any of that.