The Power Of Florida football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, May 27, 2005.

1. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Whats really sad is that their record now is actually 1-1. If they count the spring game as a win, than we can count it as a loss also. Because after all, Florida did lose their spring game unless they played nobody and won.

So...Florida is already 1-1, having blown their BCS title hopes with a spring game loss. Beating yourself cannot help your BCS standings.

2. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

Good One!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Florida does lead the nation in everything offensivly

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Amazing. I had to look for myself. :dis:

5. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Yes, But they are also last place in everything - both offensively and defensively. Yet they have the best record. Or the worst.

Wait lets just check their media guide...

Its the one with the CROCODILE on it!!!

This is why we shouldn't be surprised!!

Stupid Stupid Stupid!

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

Let's just give them the east. No one can take Florida.

7. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

But he also LOST that game. Did he make rings?

8. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

I think Meyer will eventually be an outstanding coach in the SEC, but as for right now, I think he is going to be completely blind-sided by not only the every game level of play in the SEC, but the atmospheres he encounters around the league. It's going to be completely different than having one or two teams on his schedule every year. Eventually though, like all the other coaches that come through the league, he will become a believer. Just wait till he coaches the best team he has ever coached and ends the season with 3 losses...can't wait for that moment.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

He really said that???

WOW!!!! Maybe all the hype IS true... :redface:

10. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Gator fans are setting themselves up for a huge letdown....

All the hype about Meyer isn't going to change the fact that UF simply has
    a serious lack of SEC caliber OL's and DL's. In addition, the LB corps at UF is very thin as well.

Florida is going to be lucky to finish 3rd in the SEC East behind Tennessee and UGA. UF had also better watch out for USC and Spurrier. I don't know what magic wand has been waved over in Florida but realisticly do the bandwagon fans and UF supporters think that Fulmer, Richt, and Spurrier have all become dumbasses just because UF hired a coach who has had 1 good year at a WAC school?

UF fans and all those jumping on Florida's bandwagon can enjoy the offseason and talk all the B.S. they want but come September reality is going to pop them right between the eyes.

Florida is the product of media hype and the media love affair with Urban Meyer. That only works until kickoff and Meyer is definitely in for a shock when he tees it up on the road in the SEC. This isn't going to be Utah going up against Colorado State. I can't wait to get Meyer in Tiger Stadium.

Lastly, is there a more meaningless statistic in all of sports than the attendance at a friggin' Spring game? The only thing more meaningless than the Spring Game attendance is trying to translate that attendance into something even remotely relevant to winning games in the Fall.
    I always laugh at all the absolutely stupid posts and articles regarding which program was the Spring Game attendance champion each year.
    That means about as much as which basketball team had the largest crowd for "Midnight Madness" for their 1st basketball practice of the year.
    What a joke.