The QB Postion: Something MUST give!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FireLesNow!, Oct 3, 2010.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I really do believe the mistakes he made will naturally improve as he gets more playing time.

He might not have looked rattled, but it's clear he's not comfortable stepping up into the pocket. He also looked a little afraid to get hit, especially on that sack he took. Again, I think once he's gotten more playing time under his belt and felt a few good licks, he'll start feeling more at ease back there.

2. Jackson

Jackson Tiger in NC

Absolutely, JLee, at least, looked like he had some idea of what was going on out there. The kid played pretty decently for not having played any more than he has. He delivered in a pressure-packed final five minutes converting two big plays with crisp passes. Sure he made a couple of bad decisions(that fade was a bummer), but I really believe that can get better with more playing time. He looked like he had a bounce in his step and played like he wanted to be there...that seemed to fuel the other offensive players. I hope he continues to improve.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If coach goes into practice and tells Lee that he's the starter and works with him Lee will come out next week on fire. He will feel like he has a new lease on life. Fired up ready to play with the confidence of his team and coach behind him but if jj starts like he did this week and jl is hind tit all bets are off. If you give this offense a lil confidence and decent qb play things are going to take off. Maybe enough to win the big games I hope. Jj brings confusion and tears at the competitive heart of this team. If jj starts we lose. If jj splits time with jl we probably lose. If jl starts and this team believes in him we will win. At least that's what I want to believe.

1 person likes this.
  4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Pretty much agree. JJ has done little with his opportunities this year. JL deserves the same opportunity to lead the team that JJ got last year and half of this. Les seems to believe that you have a starter and he plays as long as he's producing. JJ didn't produce and JL got his shot. JL produced, and on the same field, same opponent, JJ did not. Sit JJ down, make JL the starter and support JL the way you supported JJ for the last 2 years. We need a creditable passing threat to take the pressure off the run game to contend in this league, and JL is the only QB that offers that right now.

What I guess may have happened to JJ is they knew he had to progress, they told him to avoid the sacks of last season he had to become more aggressive, not just throw when it was apparent to everyone the guy was open. JJ is just not accurate enough to pull it off. When he tried to sling the ball, he started throwing picks. The combo of coaching advice, his ability and the teams need for a passing attack just don't add up. He needs to sit.

JL needs Les full support as the starter, IMO.

5. tigrnms

tigrnms Freshman

Hey guys just deal with it, we're gonna get our butts kicked by some really good teams coming up, you know it and i know it so juxt deal with it, here's the thing by the time we recruit and get an experienced QB, all the talent we have now will be gone, these guys arent gonna hang around if they get offers to turn pro with millons of dollars flashed in there faces and neither would I. So enjoy what little bit you get to see of them this year and next win 8 or 9 games maybe play in a less than desirable bowl and deal with it. Cause Les is not going to change anything they are doing doesnt have the knowledge to do it. Oh what could have been ?

6. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

They're everywhere ..................... arghhhhhhhhhhhh

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Great. Another one. Great first post. :rolleye33:

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

:rofl: Beat me to it!!

9. msully

msully Founding Member

we have a QB that is right

Just look at the last 4 minuites of this game , [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sto6wXuGV0I&feature=related]YouTube - LSU's Miracle In Baton Rouge[/ame]

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

You were peddling this lame crap on the other thread.

Jarret Lee did not play a bad game yesterday. I saw Bret Farve make an Int Ground ... guess you are saying Shep is better than Farve [yeah .. have fun convincing people of that!].

I already pointed out, the illegal pass was inconsequential ... the pass was incomplete, we had to punt either way.

And the delay of game was also inconsequential.

The int was as much coaching error as it was Lee's. You don't run that kind of play with a short RB ... that is the purpose of having a tall WR.

"Lee: 16 of 23 185 yds. 1 pick but 3 major QB mistakes." .. that is passing 70%, and 185 yds is not too shabby for playing just half the game. That would've easily gone over 300 had he been behind center the entire game, and Ridley would have had a better game as well, as Lee wouldn't be competing with him.

Bottom line ... Lee/Ridley is the dual threat. Putting Shep in just takes carries away from the better running back, just as having JJ takes away from Ridley. [and don't try to tell me Sheppard is a better RB than Ridley, that is laughable].

I play my bias .. I don't like running QBs. Bama has the #1 O in the nation, ... they let the RBs do the running, and the QBs do the passing.