The quarterback position...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 1, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

stole this from an email i got.. if it has been posted already please remove.

Written by Derek Ponamsky, Publisher
    Tuesday, 29 March 2011 08:41

F
    hey by the way is it ok for me to post this?

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

How is this not automatic?

Well, we haven't lost yet so no problem here. I sure hope Crowton was the problem. Good luck with that, Maryland!!!

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I use to think athletics was the one true meritocracy left in this country, and now I see it's just like any other profession, where your connections and ability to schmooze and/or manipulate people outweigh your actual achievements in landing a job. I am still absolutely dumbfounded that a man with a now extensive, nearly decade-long record of failure not only keeps finding better jobs, but jobs that pay MORE than his previous stops. It just blows my mind.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I 100% agree. Like you, I don't understand the Kiffin thing myself.:rofl:

1 person likes this.
  5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Pete Carroll, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Dwayne Jarrett, and many others made him look like a genius at USC in the process of winning a national championship. But everyone on the outside looking in can tell that he's nothing more than a lucky phucking idiot.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That comment right there is the clincher. Most college quarterbacks have the arm and athleticism to play the game, but they don't always excel. The ones with a head for the game rarely miss.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

From today's scrimmage...

Got to like the sound of that. One of the biggest problems the last couple of years was that LSU's offense had trouble finding it's identity. I'm anxious to see them next week...

Here's the whole write-up...

Quarterbacks, Goalline Stand Highlight Scrimmage - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

My belief is that JJ will be our starter and continue the improvements he showed at the end of last year. I'm pulling for him. Could make for a really nice redemption story. One that I would like to see happen.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Peyton Manning is the poster child for this statement. The guy is more cerebral than perhaps any QB to ever play the game. You just have to watch him run one time to know he isn't the most physically gifted man to ever play the QB. Eli is much more physically gifted, and not half the QB that Peyton is.

Back on topic.

Mett will be the big man on campus. Its just a question of when. Krag knows what he has in JJ, Lee and Mett. He is already improving the guys that have been here, and he will improve Mett. Its what Crowton couldn't/didn't do that already has most of us foaming. Big passing stats.

Mett being present for Spring football will give him the opportunity to learn so much, begin building rapport with the receivers, and make the summer workouts quite effective. WRs like catching passes from the guy who puts the ball right where its supposed to be, and a strong summertime work ethic will make Mett look really good in Fall Ball, when the rubber hits the road. The summer pitch and catch sessions with the WRs will significantly improve Mett, and his presence will be much more pronounced in the Fall. We saw how frustrated the WRs were last season because the football was rarely where it was supposed to be. I don't think we will see that same frustration when Mett finally gets the keys.