The quarterback position...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 1, 2011.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That's generally true, but when I see a senior player start out well and very quickly revert to everything he's been doing wrong for the last 2 years, that's cause for concern IMO.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

After watching the spring game, its my opinion (and Miles will listen to me damnit!) that LSU has ONE SEC qb... and he wasn't on the team last year. I have not been on this guys bandwagon, but he looks the part. I am not saying he looks like a 4th year starter, but if he gets onto the field, good things will happen.

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

If JJ is the best we have, then I don't see how we make a title run this year.

4. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

I hereby deem this phenomenon the "Kiffin Paradox", another mystery of life.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm gonna reserve judgment until I see them play Oregon. I never put too much into spring games. Last year I thought 3 losses at best, and most here thought 4-5 losses... However ending the season 11-2 regardless of how ugly, was the end result. If Jefferson is even a little bit better than last year we'll have a good shot at it. And like Fishhead said, he clearly slacked off when he took the hit on the thumb. I thought he looked decent up until then. Krag has only been here to teach these guys for what, 2-3 months? I have my concerns as much as anyone, but I don't think anyone can do anything other than hypothesize how things will go this fall at this point.

Other thoughts:
    Mett looked impressive and confident. With time he will take over.
    Spencer Ware is going to be a household name soon.
    Simon has good potential and impressed me yesterday.
    Eric Reed is coming along nicely too.
    Wing has a strange punting technique, but he hit a few nice ones.
    Mingo will make a statement this year.
    Johnson looked good. With time he'll be a monster.
    I'm really excited about our running game and defense for the next couple of years.