The real reason we dont like Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Oct 19, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've had good experiences with Auburn fans but don't like Tubby for obvious reasons. It's not just LSU fans that don't like him either. I hope he stays around for awhile because I think Auburn could be a dangerous program with an upper tier coach. Saban's teams will always have a good defense and LSU seems to get good skill players on offense (WRs & RBs) and we're finally recruiting top notch OL. It's a perfect fit. Tubby's teams will always be as good as the coordinators. Good coordinators get better jobs. I think Auburn will be up and down (like Dinardo's years here) as long as Tubby is around.

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Founding Member

Auburn is a program with a lot to respect and be proud of. Which makes the unsightly blemish presiding over the team all the more unfortunate and embarassing for its fans.

Compare Tubby to other coaches around the SEC. The success of people like Fulmer, Richt, and Saban has engendered respect from their opponents, not hatred. And that's b/c generally, they conduct themselves with class. The only coach you can make a loose comparison of Tubby's behavior to is Spurrier, who was despised, but the evil genius was 10 times the coach Tubbs could ever hope to be, so he was simultaneously feared.

I'm just glad Auburn's stuck with him, b/c IMO, his kind of coaching will always result in a very good, but never elite, team. I don't know if Saban will ever get us to the promised land (national championship), but I feel like under his leadership, we've got a good chance. Tubberville will never get a team there. No how, no way. But he'll never lose enough games to get run out of town either.

That's got to grate if you're an Auburn fan - knowing you've got a Coach nobody else wants. I feel the same as the originator of this thread, in that I have a lot of respect for Auburn and its fans, but they need to get rid of the Tubbs.

3. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

One good thing about living way out here in the west is no Au fans. I see UGA fans and Tenn LSU some FLA. Do they ever leave BAMA.

4. AUtiger

AUtiger Freshman

Why leave a great thing? :D

5. aztiger03

get out and see the world. you will change your mind. expand your horizons

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

outside of the university, the two biggest things happening in auburn, al is wal-mart and guthrie's. Why leave a great thing???:dis:

7. aztiger03

it must be a 24 hour wal mart. fine dinning in au

8. captainpodnuh

LMAO.

9. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Geez

We've resorted to all out dissing the entire town now huh? Yes its a small town, its a "college" town, meaning that the town revolves around the school for the most part. Thats what makes it great. Its got so much charm and tradition. Im sure that you all feel the same way about BR, dont you?? I liked the slow place of it all, thats what made the time there great.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

10. captainpodnuh

Re: Geez

Easy there morgan. That was tongue in cheek. It is a nice little college town. Much nicer that Texas Station.;)