The real reason we dont like Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Oct 19, 2003.

1. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Yea I know, I get a little defensive about the town. Its still "home" to me even though Im in Tennessee now. :D

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

2. True Big Blue

True Big Blue Freshman

There's a rather sizable difference in Red Stick and The Loveliest Village of the Plain. You see, in Auburn, folks still sit outside on their front porch sipping lemonade and enjoying the picturesque small town life, much like Norman Rockwell envisioned it.

In Baton Rouge, people hang out on the street corner sipping MD 20/20 from brown paper bags and squeezing off poorly aimed shots at passing traffic.

3. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

touche.;)

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

well it is just to hot to sit on the porch here. but the 20/20 was a good one. However you should change that to the 40's of malt everyone likes. We started to recycle more so the brown bags are out. FYI

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

We like to make it a little interesting by popping off at moving vehicles. Gives the visiting team a fighting chance...

All that said, I think you are confusing BR with NO. There really is no part of BR that I would be afraid to drive through after dark. Now go south about 75 miles, and that is another story.

6. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

Back to the Tubbs issue that I brought up and why I like Auburn but have no respect for Tubbs. How do the Auburn fans feel now that in the preseason he was telling everyone that Auburn deserved to be in the high rankings and didn't back down from it only to now come out and say that he is more comfortable to be in an underdog role? Come on Auburn folks, you really like your coach saying he likes being in an underdog role?

How many great coaches after being in that position and getting beat come out and say such a thing. When my team is good, I want the coach to say it and not come up with excuses as to their performance. It shows how much of a phony that he is. The smart Auburn fan has heard this and cannot be happy with this type of thought process. That is why I truely believe that the AUBNation will run him out quickly when he falls down much like almost was going to happen last year when Arkansas destroyed him.

In response to Chuck's comments, "he didn't know or if he knew" is exactly my point. The head coach is ultimately responsible for the acts of his coaches and players, PERIOD. Do you think Tubbs would have ripped into his player and benched him such as Ron Zook did to his player that intercepted a pass for a touchdown and then threw it into the end zone seats? Absolutely not! He would have had that putrid smile and been happy with the interception and the score.

My last thing that I failed to mention in my first post that I know for a fact is that when Nick Saban was hired, guess who put their name out there for the LSU job, you got it.. TUBBS.. He contacted his agent to do so but his agent also represented Saban and told him we were hiring Saban.

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Good Lord, it's only Monday. Gonna be a long week.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think it's hilarious that these guys were ready to string up the entire staff after the Ga Tech game. Now it's a big ole circle of Episcopal love. And one thing really bugs me. Titan jumps to Chuck's defense any time someone posts negatively. Chuck has shown an ability to defend himself TT. He doesn't need your help. You come across like the little brother peeking out from behind his legs.

9. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

SabanFan, the day I find out someone is putting a gun to your head forcing you to read my posts I will take cues from you on when and when not to comment on or defend chuck's posts. Your opinion of how I "come across" really doesn't concern me.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not much. :cry: