the real reason you saw Osi Umenyiora on the ground so much

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by tirk, Oct 20, 2009.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

"It was one hundred percent Drew Brees and their schemes, definitely not their offensive line at all," Umenyiora said. "They play-action passed, and whenever they do that, it makes us play the run, and that's how they were able to keep us on our heels pretty much the whole game.

ah, now we get it.

that denial reeks of an ass-whipping by bushrod, a seemingly nobody, and an all-pro embarrassed to admit it.

saints=New York State Champs dude.

deal with it.

1 person likes this.
  2. downtown

downtown Founding Member

What a jackazz. Yeah, Brees had about 2 hours to throw the ball even when they didn't fake it.

By the way, we REALLY aren't missing Jammal Brown. I always thought he was a bit overrated, but I feel a little more confident about that now.

1 person likes this.
  3. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Check the dolphins game and then think about how much brown would have helped

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

With the way Porter was coming off the edge on that side, Jamaal would have had 3 false starts minimum. Probably more like 4 or 5 and at least a holding or 2.

Osi can make his case in the NFC championship game. In the Dome.

5. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Well, that was definitely the most pressure we've seen early on (similar to what the Jets did). And the O-line did have their struggles in the beginning.

But I was watching with a big group of people and although Brees is the best, everyone agreed that he was having some JJ-like moments with taking too much time to make a move in the first half. Some of that was on him...he can't be perfect all the time. Brees was also throwing dead ducks all over the field early in the game and we weren't really trying to run the ball. So of course they were sending the house. But once we started running more everything changed.

The Saints are the first NFL team to EVER to score 45+ points in four of their first six games. They scored 46 today, averaged over 5 yards per rush and still won by 12 points after trailing by 21. I stand by my comment that we really aren't missing Brown. Of course, it helps that the whole team is playing great, but that includes the O-line this season. Brown's a good guy and does real well at times, but we seem to be doing okay.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That was all pressure. As good as Brees is, the protection is an absolute necessity. Good 2nd half adjustments on both sides of the ball.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its as big of a rhythm offense as there is. you can usually tell early on if brees is going to struggle a bit and i assumed after the first two passes he would.

you're right, many times early on despite no pressure he was out of synch and many throws were off.

but miami gave him too many chances late with their play-calling and mainly stops by the d in the second half.

this was the huge test i was worried about but they stepped up.

a playoff test, if you will. out of conference, on the road and outdoors following a huge win.

if only it was 30 degrees yesterday.

huge win. lets just hope big sed is ok and the offensive line.

8. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Yeah, that was a great test. 90% of all NFL teams are finished if they get down 24-3 (especially against an attacking D). But the Saints can score on offense and defense and that's lethal. They came back on the road against a tough team that does everything but win at the end of their games. Good point about playing on the road after a huge win...

No, it wasn't 30 degrees or worse like at Soldier Field that year (speaking of Soldier Field, too bad we don't meet up with the Bears this year because I'd love to kick the $hit out of them after hearing how awful their fans were after Katrina).

But anyway, looking at our schedule and the way we're playing, I'm thinking we may be playing in a temperature controlled environment come playoffs. And then if we take care of business, it's back to Miami where we just beat Jason "Dancing with the Tards" Taylor and the Dolphins after being down 21 points (anyone remember Taylor bitching about Tiger Stadium when they had to play there after Katrina?). So I look at the game yesterday as an appetizer...the main course would be back in Miami in February. We've been prepared for the weather...sunny! Okay, that's all I'll mention about the Superbowl from here on out because you don't get in just for starting off great.